Anglersnet. skate bash.

spasor

SandTiger:

Jeeeeeeeezus! What a weekend!! Doing it on the one day was amazing but then to repeat it the next day - Quality!!   :D  

Chaps if you could send me the pix via MSN then I'll try to knock an article together   :D  

I'm going to sulk now because all these skate have

relegated my 2lb blackmouth and double shot to also rans, it's just not fair. Seriously it was a fantastic weekend with the following records broken; EXISTING RECORD OF 8 SKATE IN A DAY BROKEN TWICE, OVER ONE TON OF FISH OVER 2 DAYS, FIRST 2LB BLACK MOUTHED DOGFISH ON THE BOAT, FIRST DOUBLE SHOT OF B/M DOGFISH ON THE BOAT, FIRST TIME I BOUGHT A ROUND WITHOUT BEING HARRASSED. Not a bad weekend at all. Look out for a full report and pictures in the August SAN. July if S.T gets his act together. :) :cool:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norm B:

]I'm going to sulk now because all these skate have

relegated my 2lb blackmouth and double shot to also rans, it's just not fair.

Norm, they are just winding you up mate. When I phoned the boat (several times) all I got was about your BM doggie(s), they were on a par with the 195lb'er :)

I am glad that you saw first hand the sacrifices that we all make to help Davy with his major contribution to the tagging programe and the conservation of the Common Skate, its just a shame that Davy is so unapproachable :D

Glad you managed the time for the trip, with even one skate I think you will agree it would have been worth it, come to think of it blanking would not be so bad when you take into consideration the setting and stretching a point a bit, the company :D

Norrie, how did your new reel shape up? Nick and I had a few problems with the other one but full credit to Glasgow Angling Center for an instant replacement :)

ST, don't rush your article/topic but get a bloody move on please as AT and SAN await :D

Newt, eat your heart out mate

Next year pal.

Night all.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan, What reel ,the TLD 25, it wasnt used, too many things to do, but Davy turned the line for me. Sandtiger got a 195lber on his 25 ,so its a good sign eh!. My Penn International aint here yet, but should be here this week.

Went bait fishing today, nothing, zilch, zero.

Might be back up this weekend, thinking of moving up there, to become a professional fishing guide. :D:rolleyes::D

Geez a Joab......

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Alan Taylor:

Originally posted by Norm B:

[qb]

]I'm going to sulk now because all these skate have

relegated my 2lb blackmouth and double shot to also rans, it's just not fair.

Norm, they are just winding you up mate. When I phoned the boat (several times) all I got was about your BM doggie(s), they were on a par with the 195lb'er :)

I am glad that you saw first hand the sacrifices that we all make to help Davy with his major contribution to the tagging programe and the conservation of the Common Skate, its just a shame that Davy is so unapproachable :D

Glad you managed the time for the trip, with even one skate I think you will agree it would have been worth it, come to think of it blanking would not be so bad when you take into consideration the setting and stretching a point a bit, the company :D

I know, we all have to make sacrifices in the name of conservation and how would Davy tag the skate if us anglers didn't catch them for him. Shame he has to import southern anglers to do it for him, but lucky for us. We did have a token Jock with Norrie though. All those records, worth importing the best. :cool:

Go Norm,Go, but you didnt know I could play for Engerland did you......My father was born in London... :D:D So, as for being the token Jock..... :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norm.

You go and sulk! If I hadn`t have mentioned my red cod, it would have gone un-noticed!

Skate? Who needs them. We had more trouble catching mackeral? :P:P

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Alan - things are looking promising for about this time next year.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Norrie:

Does that mean you'll be the token American then Newt..... :D:D:D

At least he is approachable :D

Just been up to give the boat a run TWENTY SEVEN POINT 6 KNOTS :D with a bit of slop.

Harbour is full of Mullet feeding on the surface.

Sorry to off topic but it will keep you amused while we wait for ST.

Newt, can you make it on or after week 26 next year, the little darlings are on holiday so I have only to worry about my business.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/