Anglersnet. skate bash.

spasor

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This months BFM has an article about the local skate expert skipper at Lochaline. Ian Burrett!!

Also in a colour supplement is some plonker wearing purple pumps!! Now where have I seen them recently?

Paul. :D:D:D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The article doesn`t say Tiggs. :rolleyes:

The only stats given are.

58 anglers fished over 23 days to catch 96 skate.

Best result was a party of 3 catching 11 skate over 2 days!!!!!!! Loved to have been on that one?

The required gear is interesting? 50lb class rod and 70lb braid, combined with a 200lb mono trace!! Seems that some of the anglers lost fish.

Some by `striking` too early, others by having their braid being cut by nasty skate thorns whilst on multiple hook-ups?

Someone should teach them how to shumfle.

The part I found most interesting. Is about an angler that lost a `good` fish, only to find that his bait was untouched when he retrieved it!!! I`ll bet they still haven`t worked that one out?

Paul. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SandTiger:

Yes it is a verb:

To shumfle

I shumfle

He shumfles

He shumfled accross the deck.

He was shumfling across the deck.

and so on... :D

That clears that up then

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

spasor:

The article doesn`t say Tiggs. :rolleyes:

The only stats given are.

Best result was a party of 3 catching 11 skate over 2 days!!!!!!! Loved to have been on that one?

The required gear is interesting? 50lb class rod and 70lb braid, combined with a 200lb mono trace!! Seems that some of the anglers lost fish.

Someone should teach them how to shumfle.

The part I found most interesting. Is about an angler that lost a `good` fish, only to find that his bait was untouched when he retrieved it!!! I`ll bet they still haven`t worked that one out?

Paul. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Obviously the anglers and tackle were not of the required standard. Probably south coast doggie bashers. :cool:

spasor:

This months BFM has an article about the local skate expert skipper at Lochaline. Ian Burrett!!

To be fair to Ian he is the local skate expert skipper as only him and Spike run commercial boats targeting them up there... at the moment that is :)

Also in a colour supplement is some plonker wearing purple pumps!! Now where have I seen them recently?

Paul.

They still looked as shiny, at least he managed to get some proper fish on that reel at the weekend :P : P

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Davy.

I`ve nothing against Ian. It`s the anglers I can`t understand.

"I missed a fish `cos I struck too early" "I had a good fish on but it got orf."

Plus you`re right. A bunch of Essex doggie bashers! :D:D:D