These Forums Are Not Indicative Of Opinion

Elton

Here's one for you to discuss. It's from the head of the Angling Trust, apparently.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't tell you what I think. It might appear to be an opinion...... :huh:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Here's one for you to discuss. It's from the head of the Angling Trust, apparently.

He probably thinks that the opinions voiced on forums are insignificant due to forum users being a very small percentage of anglers as a whole. Ignoring the minority. Isn't that usually the case?

Edited by SPSwallow

These forums are not indicative of opinion when they don't agree with the opinion of the person making this sort of statement.

This is not the first time that internet sites and forums have been attacked in this manner various angling names have taken a pop at us in the past usually when they have been stung by criticism aimed at them from the angling public Des Taylor having been a notable critic in the past though by no means the only one.

There are many who for reasons of pursuing their own agenda would like to see a return to the days when communication within angling was from those who owned the media to the masses that were held frequently in contempt by said owners.

Predominantly this communication was one way your only response was to write a letter to the editor which could be ignored and doubtless was.

In those halcyon days there was virtually no way we could respond to manipulation of information that was passed down to us.

Thus our leaders or those who would seek to be leaders didn't have to justify their existence to anything like the extent they do now.

Greater access to a form of media in this case internet angling site forums give vastly more people both a say and a chance to influence the thinking of others by virtue of open argument and debate.

Sometimes the language forms may not always be pluperfect but the opinions are always valid and our would be leaders should have the commonsense to realise this

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Has no one ever noticed how often opinions that vary from that of one group/individual are often described as "non indicative of opinion" by that same group/individual!

Looks to me like the Angling Trust is going down that same path as all the other self proclaimed to represent all angling/anglers organisations have :(

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Far be it for anyone on an angling forum to express a point of view that is 'non-indicative of opinion', but that sounds suspiciously like an oxymoron.

Like 'mature student' and 'political integrity'

just a thought... what's the Angling Trust for, if not to indulge in politics? See the second sentence of this post.

I haven't heard this AT officers integrity questioned, but then again, I haven't heard it mentioned as existing either! ;)

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Far be it for anyone on an angling forum to express a point of view that is 'non-indicative of opinion', but that sounds suspiciously like an oxymoron.

Like 'mature student' and 'political integrity'

just a thought... what's the Angling Trust for, if not to indulge in politics? See the second sentence of this post.

I haven't heard this AT officers integrity questioned, but then again, I haven't heard it mentioned as existing either! ;)

Strange that the guy who says forums like these are not representative of opinion should use this forum to get his message across to those that fish who he presumably thought had some form of thought process or why would he bother to join and post in the first instance

The man behind the ACA Mark Lloyd is also the man in the driving seat of the new umbrella organisation