A Mild Week

Chris Plumb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good for the weekend! Even persuaded the ex to dog sit! Despite what the Dr says I will be night fishing as its certainly a lot milder. Drs! eh they just dont understand do they!

Excellent!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Bearing in mind the extreme cold weather we've been suffering until very recently, the conditions for the zander get together at the weekend look amazing :o Lucky or what! In fact they look good for any species you can think of, I expect to see some bumber catches reported... Apparently things get colder again from next week, so if you can I'd get out this weekend and make the most of it.

Indeed, river looking very clear/slow now which is even better...gives me a chance to fish to barbel holding snags & areas.

Praying the weather is going to warm up for the end of March, having my first attempt at catching a catfish. Anyone been after them yet this year or caught one whilst carping?

I never used to bother untill things had warmed up properly but with things having changed so much on the UK ct scene now I dont know.

Small lake of around 4 acres with around 40 cats in, if the weather's right should have a good chance.

Going to try both methods carp style with pellets and predator (livebaits and deads)....from what I have read though on CCG ledgered lived ten to be effective.

There's a very big (84lber) in there which came out last March....I can only dream lol

No, it's the zander fish-in and pike teach-in this weekend Steve. You off to Wingham?

I am indeedee. With Guy taking a 6+ tench last week and the weather staying mild all week I'm hoping the tench are going to get their heads down. Mind you, I've just heard that Steve B is putting the weedkiller in today in both lakes so I may have to re-think where I fish.