A Mild Week

Chris Plumb

Well done Chris, fantastic fish. I bet neither came quietly, I've never known a fish to wriggle as strongly as Grayling when being unhooked.

Rusty how did you get on today in the end? ,I am out tomorrow and i am tempted to go back to my recent nemisis the Thames as Mike took his boat out today and had a few pike to lures and then this Chub to a big S plug thames_chub_6lbon_big_s_feb_09_0021.jpg at an even 6lb although i will have to go some to better that steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Chris, fantastic fish. I bet neither came quietly, I've never known a fish to wriggle as strongly as Grayling when being unhooked.

Both fish were practically uncontrollable in a very fast river - especially with those huge dorsals erect. Had to walk down to them and get below them to land - and once ashore the fun began!!!

One of my favourite quotes:

From Jon Aston's book A Dream of Jewelled Fishes...

"...holding a freshly landed grayling can feel like trying to control a cat in mid-tantrum."

Nice day's angling.

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Rusty how did you get on today in the end?

Did ok, two Chub one 4lb 1oz, a smaller one of a couple of pounds and two lost (end tackle intact thankfully). All bites came within an hour of starting and then nothing for the next three hours until I went home at about 3:00pm. I should've moved really but I'd taken a comfy chair and scrambling through the undergrowth with it was a real pain.

The river's still well up and fast making bite detection difficult with a quiver tip. The sharp taps were easily recognisable but the subsequent pull often just looked like the current pulling. The baitrunner was invaluable yesterday, I could fish with the anti-reverse on knowing that if something big came along the rod wouldn't be pulled into the water.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

My best two fish from yesterday's jaunt on the Itchen

2lb 12oz (My 3rd biggest ever grayling)

post-459-1235815189_thumb.jpg

And this one weighed in at 2lb 11oz - but posed for the camera!

post-459-1235815201_thumb.jpg

C.

Absolute crackers!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

That's a good chub :)

I went out after the barbel on Saturday (which didn't show) but had a clonker of a chub

Weight estimated at around 5lb...fish swam through hole in friends landing net just as I was getting the sling and scales ready :schmoll:

Some very nice fish there! What a chub, a real old battler, and those grayling are HUGE! Colder weather coming in again now, in fact we have a frost here this morning...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That's a good chub :)

I went out after the barbel on Saturday (which didn't show) but had a clonker of a chub

Weight estimated at around 5lb...fish swam through hole in friends landing net just as I was getting the sling and scales ready :schmoll:

Bet your mate got took off your Christmas card list then :D ,Unlucky few things worse than losing one at the net for whatever reason,must of been some hole get him to sew it up :D;) steve.

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

those grayling are HUGE!

Aye they were - been fishing LIF for over a decade - and to get 3 fish in my all time top ten on the same day was pretty special!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Bet your mate got took off your Christmas card list then :D ,Unlucky few things worse than losing one at the net for whatever reason,must of been some hole get him to sew it up :D;) steve.

lol

I had to laugh, sort of summed up my season so far!