Cameras

jon_a

i've got an olympus camedia and its the mutts nuts, i've never used a digital compact like it. mine is the 5 megapixel one, it uses a lithium rechargeable battery, which lasts for ages, much better than any other kind of rechargeable.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one...i am gona buy this i think,my old aps kodak has had it,shots are going out of registration!!dropped one too many times me thinks. :D

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I'm still using a 3 meg Kodak 3900 that I bought a year ago, a novelty for me to keep a digital camera that long. It has a 'docking station' permanently connected to the PC. Put the camera on its stand, press a button and away she goes. Piccies are now automatically downloaded to whichever piece of software you set the camera up with. Small, suffers abuse on the boat but still works every time and because the docking station has an inbuilt battery charger, it automatically charges rhe batteries as you down load images to the PC. I also have optional wide angle and tele screw-in lenses. Probably called something else now but a great camera.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Take a look at this review i did on the c5060

Having had this camera for around 5 months now I can honestly say that it really is a sound investment. So easy to use and the quality is outstanding.

I chose this camera after seeing the quality of a mates c5050 last year. I heard Olympus were launching the c5060 Wide and decided to wait and see what the new feature's were. A few new features were added and software updated but in the main the feature that really caught my eye and was one of the main deciding points in purchasing this camera was the multi angles LCD swivel display unit.

I wont waffle on but if you do self takes then you will never 'take' a bad one again. Fish welfare in mind too, you just cant go wrong. Tilt the screen over so it faces you and click away (you can see the picture you have just taken for 2-3 seconds after the shot). Compose yourself nicely for each shot and its as easy as that, job done, fish back.

10 outta 10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the technical specifications:

The C-5060 Wide Zoom is a high performance 5.1-megapixel digital camera that features a 4x wide-angle zoom lens with 27mm to 110mm equivalent coverage. It builds on the feature set of the popular C-5050 Zoom and adds a fully articulated colour LCD and improved processing speed. The C-5060 Wide Zoom is a compact camera with a rugged, black, magnesium alloy body that measures a mere (4.6" long x 3.4" high x 2.6" wide, and weighs just 15.2 ounces (without battery or media.)

The C-5060 Wide Zoom's advanced settings include controls for aperture priority, shutter priority, and full manual operation and are ideal for experienced photographers who want to take control. Understanding the exposure range of an image being shot is easier now thanks to four special histograms on the C-5060 Wide Zoom. In the new "Direct" setting, the histogram generates red or blue squares atop the image on the LCD to show the light or dark areas of the subject, respectively.

A mode dial enables quick settings for an assortment of shooting situations with a turn of the dial. In fully Programmed Auto mode, the camera offers basic point-and-shoot simplicity for flawless picture taking. For photographers who want optimum results in a wide variety of settings, the easy-to-use Scene Programs on the mode dial provides fully automatic exposure adjustments for Night Scenes, Portrait, Landscape Portrait, Sports, and Landscape photography. Eight programmable "MyMode" settings enable users to assign frequently used settings for quick and easy access. The multi-position LCD for optimised image viewing allows you to swivel the LCD in multiple directions: upward from the camera body and swivelling right or left to shoot from the hip or to get the perfect over-the-head shot, or even set up a self-portrait. It also conveniently rotates to hide the LCD and protect it from getting damaged.

5.1-Megapixel CCD for images up to 2592 x 1944

Olympus 4x Wide Angle Zoom lens with 27 - 110mm equivalent coverage

Stylish and rugged black magnesium alloy body

JPEG, TIFF and RAW image formats

Fully adjustable 1.8-inch colour LCD tilts 180° and rotates 230°

3.0 frames/second burst in RAW or JPEG to 4 frames

1.4 frames/second burst in HQ up to 10 frames

Auto Exposure Bracketing, 1/3 EV, 2/3 EV and 1 EV, 3 or 5 images

iESP multi-pattern AF with Spot AF, Selective Spot AF, Full time AF and Manual focus (with gauge and LCD enlarged view) modes.

Macro focus and Super Macro focus down to one inch!

Digital iESP multi-pattern, Spot and Multi-point Spot metering modes.

Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority or full Manual

Shutter speeds from 16 secs to 1/4000 sec in Manual mode.

Noise Reduction minimizes background noise so you get high-quality images even in low-light situations

Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is adjustable +/- 5 steps

Sepia mode, black & white mode, blackboard mode or whiteboard mode

ISO sensitivity: 80, 100, 200, 400 or AUTO

White balance: 8 presets (4 fluorescent) and one-touch custom

Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye reduction and Slow-sync modes

640x480, 320x240 QuickTime movies w/audio at 15 fps

Multiple media options: xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash Type I or II including IBM Microdrives

TTL hot shoe for Olympus external flash

Storage Class USB connectivity insures quick and simple image downloads to Windows XP, Me, 2000 or Mac OS 8.6+ computers

High-capacity Li-ion battery and charger included

PictBridge, Exif Print and Epson PRINT Image Matching II compatible

[ 10. August 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Warren Gaunt ]

here i go, flying in the face of adversity.

basically when digital quality comes up to the quality of PROPER film i may consider it.

having been a pro photographer i have never liked this change over to digital, yes its easier, more convienient, less running costs, smaller etc.

but what have digital films ever done for us?

(sorry, got a bit monty P on you there :D )

seriously, ive always been a slr nut, i shoot canon, but have used nikon for most of my photo life, and nothing beats the fact that you have what is essentially a light box with glass to produce an image strikes me as the purists way, a bit like the difference between a bolt rig, and freelining a tricky stalking swim.

horses for courses, but if you want quality, stick with silver hallide.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

Recently bought a Canon A75 - very pleased and well worth a look!!

Try to make sure it takes normal batteries (AA etc. ) I previously had a Sony - good camera but used a specific battery which cost £40 - ouch!!

One other thing, I bought mine from Jessops - but at the best price I could find on the 'net. They will match prices of any UK based web-site

I use a 5 mega pixel Pentax Optio 550 at work and I have even used it for magazine covers. One of the contributors uses a 4 Mp Kodak that also produces images of wonderful clarity. The only problem with the digital cameras that take images of 10 mega pixels or above is the huge file size of each pic. You will certainly need a very high spec computer to process them at full size. On the other hand, you probably won't ever need to take an image capable of being blown up to the size of a door, so you can always opt for a manageable file size of about 10 megabytes. I feel a bit sorry for the high street photographic shops that make money from processing conventional film, but it is plainly obvious that it is a dying format. There are already digital cameras capable of easily exceeding the quality of even the best slide film cameras.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Ive Never really used slr properly so can't really comment but find the model your after then put it into here for the cheapest price

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/

or try here for a reveiw of a particular digital model

http://www.dcviews.com/

and for great service and pretty low prices i use these

http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/

they also do great prints as well as many other gift ideas, just download your pics onto an online photo album, select which ones you want printing, gieve them your card details and you will have your pics in a couple of days. They are pretty quick to

Regards Paul Mc