Cameras

jon_a

Thanks for all the advice. my head feels like is gona explode to much information to digest. here was me thinking oh so easy but i now realise its so complex. What ever happend to the poloroid camera where your picture came out the bottom.

If every body would excuse me im gona smash my head off a wall put all the different camera types in a hat and pull the lucky winner out, or i could let some smarmy sales person sell me something i dont want.

aaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

cheers again folks for the advice

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i now use a digital (fuji 4800z) and far more often than my old pentax ,its easy and you can veiw the pic before you store it ,handy for weddings as theres nothing worse than getting the print back from boots to find uncle billy is looking down the cleavage of the bride or johny is sticking his tongue out etc.

on the bad side (at least with my now elderly digi) its soooo slow ,you cannot get closeups from a distance (measerly zoom),theres no output to use a real flashgun,and the trusty pentax lenses dont fit it ,for lots of so so pics go digi for "proper" but nowadays rare pics stick with film ,the new digi slr`s look great unfortunatly far beyond my humble pocket

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Follow Steve Burke's advice above re the Canon PowerShot A 80 digital. I saw his camera, saw the results. and bought one. Good value

OTOH If it is pouring with rain, or you are at sea with spray coming aboard, it is a useful backup to have a waterproof camera so you can leave the digital somewhere dry.

So I also own a Canon SureShot A1 film camera which will even take underwater pics when I am snorkelling. At £90 from Jepsons it is a snip. Small and light to carry. Most of my pics on this site's gallery were taken with one.

I owned one for ten years until the electronics went. When I went to Jepsons and asked for another Sureshot A1 they said they hadn't got one.

"But there is one on the display shelf behind you" I said.

"Oh, you mean the UNDERWATER camera" said the dollybird, "I thought you wanted an ordinary camera".

Obviously she didn't know it takes pictures in air as well

[ 18. August 2004, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The dependancy on batteries & the lack of compatability between water and digital cameras leaves only one alternative, a Nikonos! The Nikon underwater camera.

Me, I use digital, for snap shots. I still use film for professional work.

I recentley brought a Fuji Finepix F410, really please with it, its got a good zoom range and the macro is really good.small compact does short video, very pleased

just one more cast then I'am off home

chesters1:

theres no output to use a real flashgun

Could you not use a proper flashgun triggered by a slave unit (a device that detects the flash from the camera and triggers the bigger 'gun instantaniously)?

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

You can use a slave John but why oh why have manufacturers left off such a simple thing as a synch socket? If nothing else its a good add-on for retailers. Even top of the range cameras are limited in this way.

Get something that isn't so dear for fishing. Your bound to drop it in the water :rolleyes: Still works though. We've got another but I'm not allowed to touch it. :D

Kodak easyshare 2.0 mp took this photo of a wild brown yesterday.

Posted Image

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

ive got a digital camera. 3 million pixel zoom or somethin i know its quie good anyway. I got it brandnew for £60. which i think is cheap.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...