Gnats

i've got the blue one ;)

or alternatively i've started using pure citronella essensce

Citronella oil

As an insect repellent, citronella essential oil (Cymbopogon), with a lemony, spicy scent, is the no.1 natural alternative to the chemical DEET, which researchers now say should be used with caution, particularly on pregnant women and children. Those insect-repellent outdoor candles are also scented with citronella. Dilute a few drops in a carrier oil and rub on skin. Alternatively, put a few drops on a hanky and tuck it into a pocket.

Products to try

Try Citronella Pure Essential Oil, 10ml, £4.19, Holland & Barrett; Boots Botanics Aromatherapy Pure Essential Oil – Citronella, 10ml, £4.55

seems a lot for a little bottle but it'll last you ages ;)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the scouts as a boy and we wnet away to scotland for a week to an international camp. The place was absolutely rife was mosquitos and we were staying next to some irish scouts. The strange thing was the irish scouts got the hell bitten out of them and we got barely touched, appart from 2 of us with irish blood. Coincedence or something very wierd? :huh:

les, is that the pink one or the blue one ?

tis the Blue one

Used to be called Woodland Fresh but they dropped that name some time ago for whatever reason

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Mosquito’s (known as midges in Scotland) are the buggers that bite not the gnats; they can bite through most cloths,

I was out last night and have woken to find 3 good bites in my back and two on my legs, I used to worry about them and scratch them, but now I just ignore them and don't touch them,

I find that if you don't worry about the bites they go away! it’s only if you rub or scratch them that they become painful.

You just have to have a mind shift, a bit like mind over matter. It really does work

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Guest tigger
tis the Blue one

Used to be called Woodland Fresh but they dropped that name some time ago for whatever reason

Can you get it from the chemists ?

Mosquito’s (known as midges in Scotland) are the buggers that bite not the gnats; they can bite through most cloths..

Mosquitoes and biting midges are different families of the Diptera order. "Gnats" is just a colloquial name for any small fly.

The only solution I have ever found for the Scottish midges is to be safely propped up against a bar at least an hour before dusk and then stay there until midnight. I can feel those things crawling across my forehead even now!

Mosquitoes do seem to be quite selective. My ex-boss lived in an area down by the estuary near me and his wife got bitten on a daily basis during the summer, while he was never touched!

The only solution I have ever found for the Scottish midges is to be safely propped up against a bar at least an hour before dusk and then stay there until midnight.

Probably doesn't work any more now they have banned smoking in pubs!

I remember Salmon fishing the Orchy many years ago, I was out of tobacco (foolish youth had neglected to bring enough) and I actually HAD TO STOP FISHING they were so bad - they got in my eyes to such an extent I could not see properly and wading became dangerous.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Try Citronella Pure Essential Oil, 10ml, £4.19, Holland & Barrett; Boots Botanics Aromatherapy Pure Essential Oil – Citronella, 10ml, £4.55[/i]

That reminds me, many years ago my wife and I were fishing a lake in Kent, and were being bitten to death by midges, the next day we took Oil of Citronella with us and kept applying it to keep the blighter's at bay.....That evening we went straight from the lake to the Cinema in Tonbridge, every body around us got up and moved...... we must have stunk to high heaven

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Can you get it from the chemists ?

NO

Either get your wife to order some from the Avon rep or

Look here

don't forget dry oil in the blue bottle

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Guest tigger
NO

Either get your wife to order some from the Avon rep or

Look here

don't forget dry oil in the blue bottle

Thank's for that I'll go and order some now. :thumbs: