Sorry about this

Alan Taylor

Guest Ferret1959
Norrie:

Hi All, Just a note to let you know what is happening with Alan. He is at his sisters in England, and was due home soon to fly back to Edinburgh to fish with Davy at LA. Well, he has taken ill with Pneumonia, and is in hospital in Boston,Lincs. I spoke to him this evening, he is hoping to get back over at a later date, as he has had to cancel the trip north....    :(     I will keep you posted .....

Cheers.

Give him my best wishes please.

I was hoping to catch him at Eye Brook but obviously off now. :(

Tell him I'll be thinking of him this weekend while I'm out sea fishing. :):):)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted.

I saw Alan on Saturday and, despite being in obvious pain, he was a scream. Had a great chat, exchanged a few bits and he spoke of 'his' weekend with Davy. He looks forward to the trip every year.

Get well soon, Alan - there's a big skate with your name tattooed on her wings :)

I hope it wasn't the two silly cows that nearly wiped me out at the roundabout that made things worse

Elton

[ 01. June 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sorry to hear about setback Alan, lost for words.

Chin up mate, I did give you a thought on SAT morning as I had gone down town and saw the seacat come sailing by Felixstowe.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Hiya, I wont be speaking to Alan till he is on his way home, as his phone is hidden under his hospital bed... :rolleyes: ...and cant get incoming calls, so unless he calls before he leaves ,I have to wait for him... He is in Lincolnshire with his mate Franz, and his partner Sonja, also his sis and her hubby...so he aint on his own. I will pass on your goodwishes when I hear from him, and no doubt he will be on when he gets out of hospital......

Elton, he did say that he was meeting you, and was looking forward to it too......silly man.... :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I've texted him to tell him there are loads of good wishes for him on AN. If he switches his phone on at least he'll know we are all wishing him well.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

John Ellison:

I'm very sorry chevin I spoken my last on this.

Not a problem mate. :)

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Does anyone know just which hospital Alan is in as we could send him cards and perhaps birthday ones...just a thought.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)