Bad Weather on the Way!

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arranged my fishing trip for this weekend and spent a couple of weeks preparing for it. It's a difficult venue at the best of times as Big G can verify.

Been keeping an eye on the forecast with metcheck and although the weather will be at its worst the fishing conditions will be at their best.

I still expect to blank but am looking forward to the experience. Obviously if things get too bad no fish is worth risking lives for.

Good luck to anyone venturing out and above all be safe not stupid :D

Wendy

Yay for rain. I've been dying to get some serious brownie fishing done and it's been held back by low levels.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

need some rain in Lancashire, the two rivers I fish are very low...

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

"anybody tried after sun as bait"

LOL :D

Seriousley though - not yet

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

er,

I think that is going to be the wrong kind of rain.

What rivers need is a good soacking from steady rain so that it sinks into the ground and gently percolates into the streams and rivers, bringing up the levels gently.

With this, what you are likely to get is a huge amount of rain being dumped in a very short time, running straight off the land and into the watercourses where it will crash along in a torrent, tearing everything in its path out of the way, moving snags and greavel beds etc all over the place, collapsing banks in some paces.

Then when the torrent has swept through, the watercourses will rapidly revert to their previous levels as though there had been no rain.

All of this is likely to be accompanied by plentiful thunder and lightning (and heavy hail showers). No time to be fishing with a carbon fishing rod.

Keep it SAFE!

(of course many areas will see no rain at all, just hear the sound of distant thunder and watch the effects on the news)

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust