Ever been driven at 109mph?

Emz

Emz:

Yes, one might take that view, but I take the view that if that caravan was to turn over and cause a massive pile up, I'd rather that to happen behind me rather than infront of me.

I didn't overtake in a dangerous speeding manner     Slight and steady acceleration to get past and pulling back when i've cleared a good distance in front of the idiot   :rolleyes:     :)  

We have road trains here they are like nothing you can imagine unless you see one. They generally travel at about the speed limit. If you come up behind one, you either have to overtake or ease off for a few minutes and then adjust your speed to match the vehicle in front. If you do that you remain roughly at the same distance behind it. Generally speaking a car on its own can stop better than a vehicle towing something, so you are much safer being behind it than you are in being in front of it. If you are going to overtake, follow Newt's advice. Get by at just as quickly as possible - especially if the trailer is snaking or swaying. Being caught up in a jack knife is the worst scenario of all!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chevin:

We have road trains here they are like nothing you can imagine unless you see one.  They generally travel at about the speed limit.  If you come up behind one, you either have to overtake or ease off for a few minutes and then adjust your speed to match the vehicle in front.  If you do that you remain roughly at the same distance behind it.  Generally speaking a car on its own can stop better than a vehicle  towing something, so you are much safer being behind it than you are in being in front of it.  If you are going to overtake, follow Newt's advice.  Get by at just as quickly as possible - especially if the trailer is snaking or swaying.  Being caught up in a jack knife is the worst scenario of all!

OK, made a mental note of all that, cheers for the advice guys :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Ive done 155mph+ on my motorbike but had to ease of a bit as my helmet started shaking . Adrenalin pumping stuff i must admit.

For those that have never ridden a big bike you just wouldnt belive how easy it is to change speeds without realising it.You could enter a speed camera zone doing the legal limit and come out the other end with a ban :( .

Regards Paul Mc

grumpybum:

Try being driven at 150mph up the M6, then across Cannock chase at speeds up to 150mph. All done legally to

How was that legal then? :D

[ 16. April 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Emz ]

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Emz:

Doesn't anyone put their actual pics on here as their avatar?   :D  

<----------<< That's me; admittedly it was taken on a good day, you should see me with a strop on! :)

I said strop, you pervs.