asylum seekers & the BNP

kleinboet

The manufacturing industry in western countries is gone, service industries are rapidly following.

"It's hardly any wonder a whole decade of school leavers wanted to sign on but there was the drawback. Not only did the Government force this legalised slave labour on us but they similtaniously slashed benfits for anyone under the age of 18." Rightly so , I for one strongly object to working to keep parasites either too lazy to work for themselves or without anything of value to offer someone foolish enough to employ them, and please enform me what value a school leaver has to offer an employer other than flipping hamburgers or making the tea.Things have moved on , employers for the most part could not give a stuff about qualifications, and will recognise initiative and capabilities far above certificates, it is their business and to their benifit to do so. Just because mummy and daddy paid their taxes these kids think they are owed chances , they are not." Oh yes, jobs did exist but who wanted to work a 40 hour week, like the rest of the building site, who were earnng £8 an hour, holiday pay, stamps, tax deductable working gear etc. etc. etc.???" Just about sums it up and relates very well to what is wrong with this benifit ridden society. The sooner its scrapped the better.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and yes she does pay tax foolishly enough, forced to pay to a government that takes from people who get off their ass's and given to the parasites of who think window cleaning is beneath them

yoxer:

Oh yes, jobs did exist but who wanted to work a 40 hour week, like the rest of the building site, who were earnng £8 an hour, holiday pay, stamps, tax deductable working gear etc. etc. etc.???" Just about sums it up and relates very well to what is wrong with this benifit ridden society. The sooner its scrapped the better.

with respect yoxer, I think the point that andy was trying to put across was why should someone who was on a YTS scheme getting paid £15 a week, work on a building site beside people who were doing the same job for £8 an hour, and I agree with him on that point, the YTS scheme only benefited companies who employed them cheaply, then got rid of them for another YTS youth when there time was up. To me it was yet another scheme thought up by the Tory's to expliot the working class.

I've never been in that position, having always been in employment since leaving school in 1975, even doing jobs that I never liked, just because I was not willing to go on the dole, although I would have been better off at times on benefit.

i think pride and upbringing was a lot to do with it.

I know well the point Andy is trying to put across and as long as you can accept thats its OK that anyone still left in UK Manufacturing is committing finacial sucicide , and with the service industries now following suit youll begin to realise that kids from school who really dont know their ass from their elbow can not be paid eight quid an hour.

I must confess that I was at a teacher training college in the 1970s, when the courses had been rapidly altered to conform to the recommendations of the Plowden Report. In defence of myself and the vast majority of students at the time, we thought the principles of child-centred education were mostly a load of old b*ll*cks. Unfortunately the failed teachers and sociology lecturers who were drafted in to spout all this rubbish, would certainly have failed us if we didn't create lesson plans and reports to show we were putting the ideas into practice.

Luckily for children everywhere, I failed to get more than a handful of interviews after more than two hundred job applications. I eventually became a shelving layout planner at Freemans Mail Order for twenty years, so if you odered socks and received a garden shed - it's all my fault.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

There are other ways to get involved politically than just voting when the time comes. For instances my local council holds meet the peoples meetings where you can meet your local councillors and bring up ideas for improving the locality, I am trying, with others, to get them to erect a crossing on a busy School route Also am involved with Oxfam and I am a member of the Anglers Conservation Association and will be selling the raffle ticket at work this week. More to being politically involved than just voting.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Everyone should vote...it is a democratic process that we benefit from by living in a free country.

If you have no faith in the main contenders then vote for an obscure or ridiculous party.You may not get anywhere but you will have a say and lets face it, the bloody government always gets in.

We have a right to vote; we also have a right to the support of the welfare state, better people than we have fought for that right.

True many migrants are willing to contribute to societys benefit but I feel the 'vetting' procedures are stacked in favour of the ponces who claim persecution and hook up with a so-called human rights lawyer who for a fat public funded fee garner as many assorted benefits as possible for the freeloaders.

We have our own home grown parasites, i see no reason to unequivocally offer the oppurtunity to all and sundry, after all, this country has undergone civil war and protest over centuries to get where we are now, why can other countries not do the same? A. because the British taxpayer will give them board and lodging irrespective of personal circumstances. Remember Viraj Mendes? Supposedly fleeing for his life and lay doggo in Manchester with the support of the welfare state and various well-meaning individuals and groups, until, that is , he was outed as a nice middle class son of professional parents back home in Sri Lanka who made a public appeal for him to come home, where he subsequently returned.

refugee? I think not.

When I was made unemployed, I noticed at the council offices there were 2 permanent staff on standby for translation services to ensure non-English speakers were looked after, the rest of us took a ticket and waited for 1 of the 3 other staff to see us.

The B.N.P will never get in power but if they get a percentage of votes then perhaps the mainstream parties might sit up and start to address the issues that made people vote B.N.P in the first place.

to say everyone should vote is nonsense, i appreciate that the right to vote is a precious thing that we should not take for granted, but surely a vote for a party you do not wholeheartedly support is more of a waste than not voting at all. tactical voting is a possible exception to this but i have not, and will not vote tactically, if there is no candidate or party i can totally endorse, i will not vote, simple as that. how does voting for a 'ridiculous' party who have no hope of even getting their deposit back mean you are having a say?

My own personal opinion is that as far as the U.K. is concened, the days of pick & shovel, factory work etc. are practically over. What this country needs to produce is a highly educated (at least 1 degree!) force that could put the U.K. back in the market place, but this time in innovations. The government has seen this, and thats why they are desperately trying to stop Uni. education by putting a financial rope around their necks. Why? Quite simple really. A well educated citizen won't take the c**ppy decisions that government take!

[ 18. April 2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

What a load of total b*****ks some of you come out with!

My next door neighbour is a single mother who works two jobs to feed her two children and pay the household bills, not to mention the £1000.00+ council tax on her 2 bedroomed home.

This lady is on the edge, many times my partner has spent hours trying to comfort her after she breaks down in tears.

The other side of the coin: The other week I assisted my brother in fitting a new bath in one of his properties. He has a contract with a company (that is it self contracted to the government) to house asylum seekers in this particular property. The property is occupied by 5 Iraqis whom 4 were sitting watching DVDs while smoking and drinking cans of beer.

After removing the old bath and fitting the new bath we preceded to go upstairs to measure the bedroom windows, bars need to be fitted at a certain height to prevent "guests" falling out, due to regulations.

We entered a bedroom to find the fifth Iraqi sitting on his bedroom floor listening to a personal CD player, with his T.V. switched on and charging his colour screen mobile phone.

On the trip home I questioned my brother about the standard of living his "guests" enjoyed. He preceeded to tell me how each of the Iraqi men recieved £30 a week personal spending money, £56 each every 2 weeks to buy food and also recieved travel tokens to be used on buses and trains.

These 5 Iraqi's pay no bills what-so-ever! They don't even have to buy a TV lisence! Add to this the free medical and dental care they can enjoy.

Now tell me who has the raw deal?

The asylum seekers or the citizens in similar circumstances to my nieghbour who works her socks off trying to keep the baliffs from her door.

How about the O.A.Ps who have worked all their lives, fought for their country, and still wait years on hospital waiting lists for treatment.

p.s. I found the Iraqi gents to be fine bunch, you can't blame them for grabbing everything they can get, it's the system that wrong....very, very wrong.

[ 18. April 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.