asylum seekers & the BNP

kleinboet

Amazingly strong opinions these non voters seem to have...there is an old saying which goes like this..."if you don't put up, then shut up"

Den (voted all my adult life)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeepster:

jeepster:

I agree with Newt, vote. Only when you vote can you really have a right to complain!

too right, if you're not part of the democratic process, don't whine when you don't like whoever is in power (and yes i mean you yoxer)
but thats like saying that if i went into a night club and it was full of hideously ugly women i would HAVE to get off with one of them.

oh, wait.

right yeah.

.....its only the fools that get involved in politics and the poor that are effected by them and in the tradition of easter and because it fits the occasion so well ....A nail factory called "Nagel nails " commissioned an ad firm for some new ads.Time for the unveiling came and the ad company showed their latest idea .A pic of Jesus on the cross and underneath the slogan " They used Nagel nails !!" "Noooo" ,said the company director "We can't use that ..some people may be offended !.Go away and come up with a different idea" Next day they're back .The new poster : A pic of an empty cross and Jesus laying in a heap at the bottom of it ,with the slogan ."If they'd used Nagel nails that never would have happened " I hope its not only Chesters capable of working that one oot .

I too live in an area that has suffered from an influx of southerners. They force the price of housing up, making it unaffordable to locals, and then clog up the roads by commuting to the nearest railway station, fifteen miles away.

They have come here, supposedly for a quieter, better life, then whinge about the small town and its lack of facilities.

I too will vote for any party that has a chance of keeping the corrupt Tories out. They are well entrenched in this part of the world, and seem to be mainly concerned with feathering their own nests and handing out highly suspicious contracts to whichever developer is currently the party favourite. Democracy is well and truly dead around here, with planning decisions already stitched up, sometimes years before they go through the charade of holding a public consultation exercise.

It's a case of beware the devils in your own back yard before being distracted by the more obviously visible targets.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

chuby:

The tax man's just collared a further £200 off me plus interest from three years ago :mad: :mad: ,so that will help keep a few of em in goodies for a bit :mad:

Chuby

You, too? I got a letter saying they'd undercharged me for a company car I had years ago and that they want another £250. :mad:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

So both our resident political experts reckon that the rest of us are "stupid, thick as planks"

Well I for one think that it is rather the other way around...we are at least capable of making a judgement, and if this ultimately is seen as wrong then we make "adjustments" at the next election.

Seems that Chesters and Yoxer just moan...and by golly they don't half moan a lot!!!! Not very bright or likely to make any difference!

Re house prices.. I think you will find that house prices have risen all over the south/south east/south west and west of England, simple supply and demand.

Of course if you feel so strongly then you can always sell yours to some low paid locals for a cheap price! Maybe you can start a "downward trend in prices?"

Den

[ 13. April 2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Firstly, I don,t consider voting at General and Local elections as, "getting involved in politics".

I have always voted, at all elections.

Its my way of expressing my preferences.

Short of making bombs and getting my balaclava out, I can,t think of any alternative.

To sit back and say its a waste of time voting, is like not swimming, because drowning is inevitable.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

"So both our resident political experts reckon that the rest of us are "stupid, thick as planks"

well someone has to be, why not you? Its the same with rich poor, by defination youve got to have them.If there were no stupid or poor people how could you have intelligent or rich people ? You dont need to use your brain much to know this goverment is incompetent and even less to realise the alternatives are just as futile.

lmao , "To sit back and say its a waste of time voting, is like not swimming, because drowning is inevitable." the analogy is as pathetic as voting is in the present climate and expecting that things will change favourably