Aliens

Ken L

I too was looking up one dark, dark night.

I was contemplating lifes mystery and during said 'contemplation' I looked up at the heavens.

It was a lovely night,

The Stars seemed almost on my head,

I was as if the good lord himself had sprinkled diamonds upon crumpled velvet.

And I looked up & I said

I said

What sod has nicked my sh1thouse roof! :D:D

With apologies to 'Jethro'

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one tog :D:D:D

chesters 1, certainly sounds like allans to me, i got scared by a satelite on night on a beach, id been watching several go overhead & then dissapear as they crossed the terminator, suddenly one lit up with a huge flash about half the size of the moon, i guess it had turned one of its solar pannels to reflect the sunlight, gave me a start, i can tell you !

The ISS with a shuttle hooked up can light up a dark night when all them panels catch right!

I had my UFO 'encounter' sometime in the late 70's:-

One night while on a coach coming back from Southampton ice rink (shows how long ago it was) we spotted a long orange 'cigar' shape in the night sky, it seemed to be twixt Basingstoke and Whitchurch some 10 miles north / north east.

As we went north the 'craft' appeared to move toward Basingstoke but once we passed into Sutton Scotney it had gone. We dropped off some kids and then continued north towards Whitchurch - as we cleared the hill at Bullington we came to an amazing sight - the huge cornfield beside the A34 was ablaze with stubble burning.

It would appear that some high cloud had acted like a mirror (Mirrage type effect?) and we had seen the light from the burning relected under the cloud on an otherwise clear night.

Notice how we don't have 'orange cigar shape' ufo reports any more? (no stubble burning either!)

Now we get 'triangular lights' type ufo's, and a lot of new aircraft are triangular.

I lived on Salisbury plain for 10 years and saw some very odd bits of hardware on the ground and in the sky over the years, most of which is now common knowledge but then was very secret. (Being 'played with' by helicopter gunships in the wee small hours can be interesting!)

I do think there is probably other life out there - It's just that they would'nt bother to pick up some red neck no brain if they wanted to contact us.

Now my customary bit of 'humour'

During a visit to 'Her majesty's test pilot school' at Boscombe down, I saw a sign in the toilet that reads:-

"We have taken aircraft to the edge of the envelope and beyond".

"We have tested man and machine to near destruction."

"We have pushed the very boundaries of space.

And what have we learned?"

"Adrenaline IS brown coloured!". :D:D

Also:

There are many Bold Pilots,

There are many Old Pilots,

But not many Old Bold Pilots.

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I've twice seen objects that have been reported as UFOs in the media. The first my telescope showed to be a weather balloon, the second was a Russian satellite burning up on an unplanned re-entry.

In practice I believe that the vast majority of UFO sightings have a perfectly rational (and often mundane) explanation. However, that still leaves a small percentage that are baffling.

I don't believe for one moment that we're being visited by aliens. Instead I've long predicted that the explanation is top secret military projects.

I was therefore heartened when I saw a TV programme last year on just this subject. It even included a lot on "flying saucers".

The programme revealed a lot about such projects, and in fact one retired American employee said something along the lines of "You wouldn't believe what parts of the US military are playing around with! It's 50 years ahead of anything that we've got at the moment!".

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

its not just UFO sightings that can be rationaly explained, anything seemingly paranormal usually has its roots in something extremely normal!

For what its worth I do believe that we have been visited by aliens, a long time ago. If we accept that then that goes some way to explaining the 'missing' link. The jump from one side of the 'missing' to the other was the result of alien intervention. When our planet is nearer its death then we may have to do something similar, if we wish our species, even in an interbred state, to continue.

"even in an interbred state"

Do the Welsh know something we don't, planing for the future???

[ 04. December 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Ok....jumping in with both feet here...

I have once, seen what can only be called a UFO(by definition) fly directly overhead. Huge, triangular, black as sin but with lights on the corners. It made no sound as it just "eased" over the highway.

Also....I have a photograph..which I have untill now not shown outside of limited circles..but this seems oddly enough, as good a place as any to show it..

I took this picture in Michigan(U.S), along the Grand River, in a fairly extensive forest.."whatever" this is, was captured purely by accident. I was just trying out some new film, seeing how it performed in subdued lighting. Upon scanning the original and opening it up, the image was noticed.

I have both the hard copy, and the original negative...

I put this up fully expecting some measure of ridicule..but I assure you..whatever this is, be in "real" or simply an unusual light artifact..it was there.

weirdnes4ba.jpg