fox hunting

butiaboy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Leon, but I think you are wrong. Okay so there are people out there that keep chipping at us, see my thread 'Anglers Denied Access' to see what I mean. But Fox hunting, in that case, was not the buffer. In the case of the Horsey Ban it was the behaviour of pike anglers that has brought the ban. So the message is clear to anglers, don't give people the excuse to ban us.

But what comes next after fox hunting? Well, shooting springs to mind. So what should we do? Well, angling and shooting should come together, like now, and do it outside the CA. The CA is already reacting as you would expect according to the media. And I am convinced it would be dangerous for anglers to publically associate with them right now.

It was inevitable that fox hunting should go the way of bear baiting. As an angler that supports the ban on fox hunting I admit we will now have to work a little harder on our image, because whilst we may not be next it is clear that we will become increasingly targetted. But we can help ourselves, removing litter and retrieving lost tackle would be a good start.

I will add that by relying on fox hunting as a buffer we have might have done ourselves considerable damage. I would suggest that the majority of anglers find fox hunting distasteful, as do the public. We can stand alone, if need be. But to have relied on a lost and unpopular cause is hardly good P.R.

Might be good if angling's leaders now came out and publically supported the ban on hunting with dogs. Might undermine the antis!

[ 18. November 2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Mentioning bear baiting is ridiculous, when was the last time you saw ,or heard of a bear being baited in England ?

You might just as well refer to young children being used as chimney sweeps,the existence of work houses and criminals being sent to Australia.

Its not a question of "image", or "PR",

Many people believe that catching fish is cruel, ask any non fishing friends you have, you might be suprised.

Now the Animal Rights/PETA publicity machine doesn't have foxhunting to bother about, they can concentrate on fishing and shooting.

Check it out http://www.fishinghurts.com/.

We all know this "antiness", is fuelled by ignorance, but read some of the anti foxhunting threads referring to, "toffs on horseback", "starving beagles savaging foxes", as well as other inaccurate statements.

Be assured there is plenty of ignorance out there.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Keeping wild fish in a garden pond how cruel.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

As sure as the sun shines angling will be attacked in the next parliament should this govenment be voted back in.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

butiaboy:

yippppeeee

finally this cruel pastime has been BANNED :D:D:D:D

You might not be so chirpy when your favourite 'cruel' pastime (namely angling) has also been banned! :(:(

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm really looking forward to deer, badgers, dogs and other animals now being killed by poison and traps. Way to go! NOT!!!!

Still, there are some that reckon the countryside will look a lot better with some high rise flats and asyllum seeker centres built on the 'fast-becoming-redundant' land.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE