Trouble brewing?

gozzer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where he is coming from and agree with his right to protect his property, but this is not the way to go about it.

If individuals are stealing from him, regardless of nationality, they are thieves and should be treated as such.

If a supermarket spots someone shoplifting they ring the Police who attend and arrest the offender. Surely the same should happen here.

If they are found guilty of theft they should be punished accordingly, and that can include a ban for the individuals.

As the property owner I am sure that he has the right to ban any individual based purely on the fact that he doesn't like the look of them so maybe he can just refuse to sell individuals a day ticket.

What he can't do is put up a sign like this and ban everyone of a particular race or nationality.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What he can't do is put up a sign like this and ban everyone of a particular race or nationality.

Ive come across this same sort of "block" discrimination before whilst I was in the forces."No squaddies" was a sign that often appeared on pub and club doors.........later after legal proceedings changed to the equally discriminate "No short hair"!! I kid you not!

Yes just as some soldiers cant behave in pubs some Polish/Eastern Europeans take fish BUT COME ON! The guy (or anyone else who cant accept that bad apples are bad apples regardless of which "group" they are in and not just punnish everyone for the wrongs of a few is just as stupid as that idiot minority.No the law is right in not allowing it.

When I worked the doors I came across idiots who couldnt behave from all races,creeds,colours,classes and proffesions so following this guys mentality I should simply have banned everyone eh? Dick head.He wants to protect his stock/buisness then fair enough but he needs to be a bit more sensible and as allready said police his buisness better and eject and ban people who are causing the problem.

Lots of British people died trying to prevent this sort of thing kind of ironic really.....considering we are among the worst.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I've trawled a few forums recently, and this guys attitude is typical of many of the posters.

It seems almost a case of mass hysteria, akin to the 'mob mentality' seen in sections of society by those prone to 'brain washing'. Often by those with an agenda.

I wish I hadn't gone 'walkabout', because what I'm seeing is depressing to say the least.

'Celebs' and those of the press, saying something, and the rest just going along with it like sheep, with very little independant thought.

If a poster questions a post or statement, they are rounded on and attacked from all sides.

That's why I like AN so much, most of the opinions on here are thought out, and discussed. Even if an opinion goes against popular thought, it's considered and discussed, not like some, where the poster is 'brow beaten' into submision or forced off the site.

Some of the posts I've read about the AT, proposed ban on taking fish, otters etc, have been so ludicrous and one sided, I've had to read them twice to make sure I've read them right!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Ive come across this same sort of "block" discrimination before whilst I was in the forces."No squaddies" was a sign that often appeared on pub and club doors.........later after legal proceedings changed to the equally discriminate "No short hair"!! I kid you not!

Yes just as some soldiers cant behave in pubs some Polish/Eastern Europeans take fish BUT COME ON! The guy (or anyone else who cant accept that bad apples are bad apples regardless of which "group" they are in and not just punnish everyone for the wrongs of a few is just as stupid as that idiot minority.No the law is right in not allowing it.

When I worked the doors I came across idiots who couldnt behave from all races,creeds,colours,classes and proffesions so following this guys mentality I should simply have banned everyone eh? Dick head.He wants to protect his stock/buisness then fair enough but he needs to be a bit more sensible and as allready said police his buisness better and eject and ban people who are causing the problem.

Lots of British people died trying to prevent this sort of thing kind of ironic really.....considering we are among the worst.

Yeah, well "no sqaddies" I can understand :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

This makes me sick to be honest..

over 10 million people died in WWII due to the Nazis invading Poland. Britain along with many other countries helped free these people from the German oppressors.. now we are treating them with utter contempt complaining about the Eastern Europeans at every opportunity...

This guy needs shooting with his own **** and prosecuting to the full extent of the law.. he is no better than a Nazi....

The thing that most forget is that carp were brought to this country as a food source in the first place.......

www.angling-uk.net

We shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. I know there has been a problem the last few years with eastern Europeans stealing fish. And its a serious problem that needs addressing. That doesn't mean that every polish person that goes fishing with rod and line is taking fish home with them. Most of the serious poaching is done a lot more organised. eg at night with night lines and netting etc

Is it just polish that steal fish? I don't think so. I could name quite a few people from over the years that have stolen fish from venues, Not for the pot but to take to other waters. But i am not going to.

Bottom line is we all have to be more vigilante and owners of lakes etc have to learn to police their waters properly. I know its hard on places like he fens and the broads simply because of the size of the areas to cover. but Isn't that what we pay our rod licence for?

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.