Cloudy Photos

Gillies

Not great shots at all, but thought I'd share to have a look- the subjects in images are dull, boring, underexposed, but I think the cloud parts are pretty. :)

This one is taken from the end of the harbour in Ullapool, looking down the sea loch.

loch_broom2.jpg

This one is taken from the ferry on the way from Ullapool to Stornoway, its fishing boats working of Wester Ross - again completely dull and boring, but clouds are nice.

loch_broom.jpg

Gillies

ps: yep, the photos are not horizonal, and on a slight slope - Im to tired to correct just now :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

The sky on that first one is awe inspiring. Thanks for making my day.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Lovely tones in the second pic Gillies,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Gillies,

Very nice photo the top one, you would be hard pressed to identify which part of the world that was in, very inspiring.

But, is this a first for you?

A Picture without a dog in :D:P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I love pics like that, saw a lenticular cloud lit up by the sunset when we were on holiday in Embo but i didn't have my camera with me which was a shame cos the dolphins were swimming just off shore and it looked kinda spooky with the cloud "hovering" above them.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Lenticular? Bit posh for you Trogg.

What sort of cloud is this? Taken a couple of years ago over the Hants Avon.

2005_0102Image0018.jpg

Nice pics as usual Gillies.

How far away from Bikini Atol is that?

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."