Last minute Wingham notes

Steve Burke

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't mow? Well that is just horrible and you should consider canceling the event. Tall grass by itself might be tolerable but add the lack of Elton's brand of red stuff to put on his food and it becomes just too much to bear.
Terry mowed last week, but it's amazing what sunshine and showers does to grass! We were going to do a final cut yesterday as the forecast had originally been dry. No such luck!
I'm reading these posts with an increasing sense of envy.Do you think 600 miles is too far to drive? :P Maybe next yearI hope you all have a great weekend and look forward to the catch reports, especially that record bream.Tight lines to allDave :punk:
I think Nick's journey from the other side of Scotland may have been even longer. Newt and Jan's certainly was!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Glyn's just started fishing again and taken his tally of tench to 13. One was a 5-14 male, the other was a new personal best of 9-10. The average of the females is now 8-2½. Brilliant!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Did not even put my name down this year, as I knew I would not get a place anyway with all the interst that was about. Would loved to have fished there again, maybe next year.

Good luck to you all, and hope those who are fishing for the first time enjoy Wingham as much as I do.

Paul

Just loading up the car as we speak. Been trying to keep things to a minimum but still filled it on the basis of you never know what you might need. :o It will be first time out with the new bivvy but it doesn't half look big.

The lads garden was full of worms last week but had to dig to Australia to find some today. Getting very excited now. I will be bringing spares of allsorts so if anyone is short of anything and Ive got it you are very welcome to borrow it. Look forward to meeting everyone over the weekend.

Hope the weather holds for you guys and sounds like it will be brilliant with you all meeting up and putting faces to names for those that dont know each other,Would have tried to get a space myself but off next week to the Ebro so i think the girlfriend would have had something to say about that and it wouldnt have been nice ;) hope you all catch a monster and looking forward to the reports Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Best of luck all. With overcast skys predicted, there's every reason to expect the fish to get their heads down for a feeding frenzy.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

GaaahhCan't find the spreader block for my big landing net anywhere :(I know I put it somewhere safe after the last time I used it ! ! ! !Mat
If you can't find it e-mail me in the morning and I'll sort something out.

Just got back from Wingham and Glyn's now had 20 tench - and he was working much of the day!

As there are only 21 tench in Wingham that leaves just 1 between the rest of you!

Edited by Steve Burke

If you can't find it e-mail me in the morning and I'll sort something out.

Just got back from Wingham and Glyn's now had 20 tench - and he was working much of the day!

As there are only 21 tench in Wingham that leaves just 1 between the rest of you!

Is that one in the carp lake, Steve? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE