UK Bass Stocks Are Collapsing

Elton

Excuse me Colin, just a small point. On the telly last night bbc 2 it was stated that 75% of our fish caught in the uk is exported in any event. Thats why we have to import rubbish farmed stuff to feed the supermarkets. So even if the uk catch them, they are exported. Not for home market use, how sad. Mr Leballeur was also in the press yesterday and wrote: if you must eat the small stuff eat farmed bass, they taste good. :yucky: Or words to that effect.

Adrian.

My knowledge of bass and sea angling in my area comes from hands on experience rather than the modern trend of cutting and pasting information, theories and ideas.

I also speak almost daily with other good anglers and commercial fishermen who are good friends of mine.

You can say what you like, the fishing is good. There are more bass in the Thames Estuary than ever before. Ok so the vast majority are small but this year I have seen a good increase in the number of fish over 3lb. Not the good old days but good fishing.

The thornback ray fishing has just got better and better year after year, and now it is as good as the good old days if not betters.

Local commercial fishermen area also doing well year after year working inshore fishing sustainabley and burning less fuel than those large boats that steam over the horizon and use miles of nets or worse still huge trawls.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Push the MLS down to about 10 inches and restrict effort I say.

Who and why would anyone eat a ten inch bass, how would you prep it for eating, a five inch fillet at half inch wide? Quick turnaround in a restaurnt, take ten seconds to cook i suppose. :thumbs:

Would that also put pressure on disgarding say eight inch bass?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Adrian.

All my knowledge comes from hands on experience. I cannot help that I find things and see things different to yourself.

Chatting to my commercial friend last night he is targeting soles with trammel nets and still catching less bass although the bass he does catch are bigger than if he was using 90 mil mesh.

He is working inshore therefore burning less fuel and keeping his carbon footprint at a low level.

You can quote to me any amount of statistical waffle but if it doesn’t fit with how I find things I will retain the right to disagree.

The problem I find with much of the RSA sector is the Roskilly trend of the cutting and pasting of DATA and ideas.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

The problem I find with much of the RSA sector is the Roskilly trend of the cutting and pasting of DATA and ideas.

OK, so data is difficult to analyse and make sense of.

What I suggest you do if you don't like the smell of latest research, cause and effect and prognoses is to arrange some lectures where you will tell us like it is (as you see it).

Better still, contact Dr Mike Poulson (CEFAS) through Defra links and put him right.

I promise I'll attend one of your lectures.

:rolleyes:

In the meantime, you may want to see the other thread about scalloping.

Hi All

Arguements fore or against the bass breeding biomass wether it is declining or increasing or wether it is sustainable or not wether defra take action or not to protect, conserve or enhence the bass fishery is just a waste of time debating the merites of any of these pionts.

Fact is in my area, any how, the French trawl between the 6 and 12 zone intent on catching all the bass in that area from 36cm right up to double figure bass and in large cod end fulls and in bottom trawls during the summer and pair trawls in the winter

HELLOOOOO IS THERE ANYONEEEE OUT THEREEEEE, with brains it is all pointless unless done at EU level argue all you like you are all just weeing into the wind

Lets talk about something really important the non ratifacation of the Lisbon Treay by the Irish is something we should have done, the right to vote on this issue was denied us, goverment, defra just self intersted planks of wood that can not manage a gold fish bowl

We are alll suffering from there inneptatude and there inability to want to listen to what we are all telling them, we are all doomed to our fate because they are working to a differant agenda of self interest which is unknown to us all

The spillt between anglers and commercials is being explioted by them so as to satisfy the green revolotion which is needed votes to keep them in power at the next eclection fisheries management and policies is expendable for that end because they know the fisheries are a lossed cause at EU LEVEL and self preservation is more important, damage limitation exercise springs to mind

Argue all you like put your well intended ideas and aspirations to them they will be more than glad to use them for there own ends.

We live in a European world and anything meaningfull must be done at European level we now live in only England,

Look at London and the wolfs in sheeps clothing

Time will tell just watch this space LOL LOL LOL

steve

sorry about the spelling

Hi All

Arguements fore or against the bass breeding biomass wether it is declining or increasing or wether it is sustainable or not wether defra take action or not to protect, conserve or enhence the bass fishery is just a waste of time debating the merites of any of these pionts.

Fact is in my area, any how, the French trawl between the 6 and 12 zone intent on catching all the bass in that area from 36cm right up to double figure bass and in large cod end fulls and in bottom trawls during the summer and pair trawls in the winter

HELLOOOOO IS THERE ANYONEEEE OUT THEREEEEE, with brains it is all pointless unless done at EU level argue all you like you are all just weeing into the wind

Lets talk about something really important the non ratifacation of the Lisbon Treay by the Irish is something we should have done, the right to vote on this issue was denied us, goverment, defra just self intersted planks of wood that can not manage a gold fish bowl

We are alll suffering from there inneptatude and there inability to want to listen to what we are all telling them, we are all doomed to our fate because they are working to a differant agenda of self interest which is unknown to us all

The spillt between anglers and commercials is being explioted by them so as to satisfy the green revolotion which is needed votes to keep them in power at the next eclection fisheries management and policies is expendable for that end because they know the fisheries are a lossed cause at EU LEVEL and self preservation is more important, damage limitation exercise springs to mind

Argue all you like put your well intended ideas and aspirations to them they will be more than glad to use them for there own ends.

We live in a European world and anything meaningfull must be done at European level we now live in only England,

Look at London and the wolfs in sheeps clothing

Time will tell just watch this space LOL LOL LOL

steve

sorry about the spelling

Totally agree about the treaty, however some of the mp's are calling it the Irish incident. So i suppose they will get around that vote somehow. Don't know what the eu has spent all of our rebate on this year, anyone? yor spilling if fine Steve. :)

75% of the fish landed in the uk is exported anyway, so it ain't for the home market in any event, cut out the middle men and let the french have it, be a bit more fresher to say the least. :whistling:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Good point Steve, but what I find truly amazing is that, come the next general election, there will still be people who vote for this bunch of W anchors. I'm still having trouble believing that people voted for them last time, to be honest.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.