UK Bass Stocks Are Collapsing

Elton

I think I understand that.

Some of the people who influence fisheries/marine statutes and Orders are Ministers of the Crown and can't tell a ragworm from a lugworm and don't give a she*te about those who can.

Most of the people who talk to government about sea angling would not be doing so if they did not care passionately about angling in all its forms and are reasonably competent in one or more of its disciplines.

You Sir, make lots of noise with a limited vocabulary, negotiate on a worthless platform and achieve sweet fanny adams.

God bless all who sail with you.

<_<

Hello Adrian.

My vocabulary is only limited by dyslexia and is helped by Words spell check when I can be bothered to use it.

You and many others like you have very little knowledge regarding sea angling or commercial fishing, that is why you have to resort to insulting me, instead of putting your point across politely.

I tried P/Ming you last time you tried to insult me but like the others you just blow a lot of old hot stale air.

Sea angling needs the likes of you like a does of clap.

As for bass stocks declining, in my area that’s just piffle.

Yesterday I fished for four hours caught 13 bass 10 were over 3lb two were over 4lb one was four and a half, only three of the 13 were 2lb. Not the good old days granted but far far away from in decline.

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of the people who talk to Government about sea angling would not be doing so if they did not care passionately about their (albeit limited) angling and more usually, their political aspirations. Mounting evidence indicates, complete incompetence when interfering in the affairs of most RSA disciplines.

Quality.

:clap3::clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I really dont see why people want to have a dig at someone with dislexia which is a problem they have no level of control over, it has me beat. Also like Sam says if people actually went out fishing instead of whinging on here they might just notice the fishing aint that bad (Thats assuming they have the ability to fish unlike so many who seem to think that all you have to do is throw a baited hook off the pier and catch a bigg bass). Even if the seas were knee deep some people still wouldnt catch because they just arent up to it. Anyone who isnt catching maybe should have a polite word with Sam and see if he could pass you a few tips.

I really dont see why people want to have a dig at someone with dislexia which is a problem they have no level of control over, it has me beat. Also like Sam says if people actually went out fishing instead of whinging on here they might just notice the fishing aint that bad (Thats assuming they have the ability to fish unlike so many who seem to think that all you have to do is throw a baited hook off the pier and catch a bigg bass). Even if the seas were knee deep some people still wouldnt catch because they just arent up to it. Anyone who isnt catching maybe should have a polite word with Sam and see if he could pass you a few tips.

Hello Glenn,

Whats the fishing like up your kneck of the woods? Are the thornbacks in good numbers? Not that they offer great sport Im just interested if they are as thick on the ground as they are hear all around the UK.

Hello Glenn,

Whats the fishing like up your kneck of the woods? Are the thornbacks in good numbers? Not that they offer great sport Im just interested if they are as thick on the ground as they are hear all around the UK.

Hi Sam,

We dont actually get the thornback on this particular part of the coast, too much rock I think, but they might be around and we havent discovered them. If he head 60 mile south onto the beaches then yes they are there in very good numbers. Have a look at this post Sam from early May and keep in mind the fishing really doesnt get good on Holderness until mid June B) Like I say anyone who thinks fishing is down the pan just needs to get out there and do a bit.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/no...ental-fishin/0/

Just an average night for those lads. Last year 1 of their friends landed a UK record Smoothie from the same beach.

Hi Sam,

We dont actually get the thornback on this particular part of the coast, too much rock I think, but they might be around and we havent discovered them. If he head 60 mile south onto the beaches then yes they are there in very good numbers. Have a look at this post Sam from early May and keep in mind the fishing really doesnt get good on Holderness until mid June B) Like I say anyone who thinks fishing is down the pan just needs to get out there and do a bit.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/no...ental-fishin/0/

Just an average night for those lads. Last year 1 of their friends landed a UK record Smoothie from the same beach.

Thanks Glenn,

The reason I asked was that CEFASS have a theory that the thornies are contracting into the Thames Estuaery as their numbers decline. I would like to know if the thornback fishing is good in other parts of the country.

Hi Sam, the comments from Holderness over the past couple of years is that the sea bed is paved with them. However getting specific details will be tricky as those lads really keep a guard over their info. Chris Mack (Macky) is a good contact if you wanted genuine info that wouldnt be used to harm the fish or the fishing.

Hi Sam, the comments from Holderness over the past couple of years is that the sea bed is paved with them. However getting specific details will be tricky as those lads really keep a guard over their info. Chris Mack (Macky) is a good contact if you wanted genuine info that wouldnt be used to harm the fish or the fishing.

Thanks Glenn,

No I was just interested as some people tend to think everything that comes from DEFRA (CEFAS) I can not see this amount of fish being down to species contraction.

I wonder if the commercial fleet has now come down to a substainable level. The fishing certainly improved.

I wonder if the commercial fleet has now come down to a substainable level. The fishing certainly improved.

Who knows?. One thing is for sure, though. It isn't due to any RSA campaign, plan, scheme or strategy.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.