North Sea Quotas running out

Toerag

they have no desire to help anyone but themselves and the the angling reps who seem hell bent on playing this game of Poker with them need to realise that the chips they are playing with don't actually belong to them.An interesting Link on the quota situation - http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/French...leet.4097314.jp

Someone else playing poker, here we have mr locker welcoming the french boat with his arms open. then wham,

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...20_closure.html

The french 'fishermen' have turned our m20 into a carpark again. They don't give a t@ss about us so why should we welcome them over here. Wonder if the french will stretch it out to cover this holiday weekend for us.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else playing poker, here we have mr locker welcoming the french boat with his arms open. then wham,

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...20_closure.html

The french 'fishermen' have turned our m20 into a carpark again. They don't give a t@ss about us so why should we welcome them over here. Wonder if the french will stretch it out to cover this holiday weekend for us.

2008_02080026.jpg

This guys left his ship at Whitby presumably to save fuel the fishing grounds being only twelve miles away. The crew have gone home for some cheese and a bit of sunshine. Dare say they will be back soon after telling all there mates how crazy those English are.

Edited by clem

This guys left his ship at Whitby presumably to save fuel the fishing grounds being only twelve miles away. The crew have gone home for some cheese and a bit of sunshine.

Why not call Greenpeace; they may make a small charge for it????

B)

Your not wrong there but i thought most of our fish stocks are already owned by the minority, the over tens and the arm chair trawlers 97% with the crumbs left to the majority, under tens 3%. So in essence the minority already control the rest of the fleet. The ironic thing is the over tens are now struggling with the cost of the fuel and as they have to go over a hundred miles to fill the boat it is becoming uneconomic for them.

Thats the way the quota system has led things right enough. But all is not yet lost surely? Despite everything a lot of quota still feeds back to the local communities. eg in Shetland the Pelagic skippers (who would be top of the money/quota pile) have invested in their local areas and have not sold out and buggered off to live a rich mans life in Dubai or the Bahamas ;) A big issue for islands like that that if their kids see things differently; which no doubt they will.... IMHO a council in an area like that should have ownership of quota.

Plenty has been said by RSA reps about how "we" , "the public" "own" our fishstocks but its not reality; i can't imagine many government s going to court to defend that unless votes depend on it and in most the Uk they don't.

The under tens have every reason to feel upset that they cannot fill a box with mackerel and sell it, while a Scottish pelagic trawler can take 2000 tonnes in a night, but it was the government that set up the system, and i doubt any of the pelagic skippers would lose sleep over the under tens being able to take whatever they wanted ?

FWIW its worth Barry, i think that the most ironic thing is that it will be fuel prices that will reduce effort, just like it was always going to be; yet when effort was at a max in the 1980's legislation was no where to stop it (just the revererse with grants to make more boats), yet the hoo haa for all this control comes 30 yrs later just as the obvious happens! :D

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

The only solution is to cap effort with days at sea and number of vessels. I think the current effort may just be sustainable one stocks build back up. Before licensing existed there was no barrier to starting fishing, now there is, so increased catches will benefit the current fishermen without others jumping on the bandwagon and ruining it all, as has happened in the past. If a skipper can't afford to fish he's gonna have to find a better price for his catch, reduce his costs, give up, or go part-time, they're the only solutions.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

2008_02080026.jpg

This guys left his ship at Whitby presumably to save fuel the fishing grounds being only twelve miles away. The crew have gone home for some cheese and a bit of sunshine. Dare say they will be back soon after telling all there mates how crazy those English are.

This vessel was fishing not far off Whitby for 4 days, it landed its catch at Whitby, 600x 28 kg boxes (about 18 tonnes) mostly whiting.

Local Under 10 metre vessels have no whiting quota and cannot land whiting by law. UK under 10's have to conserve whiting so as the UK PO's and French fishermen can fill their boots, thanks to DEFRA and the EU's CFP which is to fully protect and conserve all fish stocks in european waters having due regard for the socio-economic affects of local fishing communities. BLAH BLAH WAFFLE WAFFLE ect ect

There are 10 more French vessels due to join this one at Whitby

In my area (south coast) there has been upwards of 20 of these vessels fishing in our 6 to 12 zone, now that theres not much fish there, they have moved on

From my experiance all the fish at Whitby will disappear in time as these fishermen are very good at what they do.

Whitby will rest in peace

my sincere condolances

steve

Edited by steve good

Steve its not just the under 10's that have no whiting quota. All the boats are dumping up here and theres stories going round that they are all about to go under. How much quota do the French have ? Do you know what quantity of quota they have for each fish species ? and how come they have quota and our boats dont ? Its all wrong, our fleet was just reestablishing itself and benefitting from recent stock increases and more days at sea. Now some are having to sell up

http://www.findafishingboat.com/detail.php?aid=10494

I understand the Navy are quite good at their job though and they do seem to spend a lot of time up here, you seem to see them every Monday morning. Hopefully they will be checking these French boats and their log books. The stories of blinders are already being told.

Ill put me helmet on and take cover now B)

Has anyone got a copy of fishing news ? I was told the picture they used was the same as mine.

Edited by glennk