North Sea Quotas running out

Toerag

You poor misled young man!

It really isn't necessary to 'show off fish' in the way you seem to; nonetheless, here's one for you from Hants -

codbestpic.jpg

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone, mee boy!

:rolleyes:

HA HA HA HA

Hi H and Glennk

And all the angling reps are complaining to DEFRA that they want more and larger fish seems to me that the angling reps spend more time trying to get DEFRA to do what they want, while all the time grass root anglers are catching lots of large fish

HA HA HA someones got it wrong somewhere along the line

steve

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... whilst thats the case DEFRA will walk all over the lot of us - just as the already are doing.

Only if you let 'em. The trouble with a lot of so-called anglers/hybrids and even some commercials is that they want no change, no reversal of factors which lead to overfishing, no controls, no management of any description which might hinder their narrow view of freedom to do what the hell they like without forethought of consequences.

Now having said that, the worst kind of social animal is the guy who moans on here and does nothing to help himself or his cause.

'Jibber jabber' away lads; look for any factor you can .... global warming, global populations shifts, economic changes, fuel costs ..... blah, blah, blah .... and forget the glaringly obvious need for regulation of intensive and effective methods of fishing which have a real impact on local stocks of fin fish and shellfish.

Keep fooling yourselves that such reactions have an effect on political will and due process.

There are far greater adverse social and political 'causes' seeding unrest and protest than fish stocks ... fuel and food prices to name but two. Then consider what effect your slapping each other about on this forum is doing? Absolutely booger all!

Some folks care enough to fight for what they believe in using those systems which exist for change and that's the crux of the matter. Brussels is powerful because that's where decisions are made; not on this forum. The environmentalists know that and use it to their advantage.

So that's the way I shall continue; joining in with other like-minded anglers to get representatives in government(s) to take notice and make decisions within the rather slow and tedious political processes. In fact, I'm getting quite a bit bored with the conversations and debate which take place here .... silly things like questioning and judging someone's involvement or relative success as an angler.

So, carry on getting nowhere, boys; while the rest of the world gets on with business.

:rolleyes:

Never thought Id say this but in reality planet wurzel is planet Earth. It may take some time for a lot of you to realise (It has me) but what Wurzel says more often than not becomes reality

Apart from his statements about the cod being unable to recover because of global warming.

What happened to that old chestnut

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Depends what you call recovery Ian. 1970 levels ? I dont think so, the conditions aren't right. 1985 levels ? were getting there. When I made that statement Ian I was talking more about what Peter says about DEFRA and their fixed agendas, they have no desire to help anyone but themselves and the the angling reps who seem hell bent on playing this game of Poker with them need to realise that the chips they are playing with don't actually belong to them.An interesting Link on the quota situation - http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/French...leet.4097314.jp

HA HA HA HAHi H and GlennkAnd all the angling reps are complaining to DEFRA that they want more and larger fish seems to me that the angling reps spend more time trying to get DEFRA to do what they want, while all the time grass root anglers are catching lots of large fishHA HA HA someones got it wrong somewhere along the linesteve
No need to direct that one at me Stev, Im quite happy with my lot and the situation here, thats the reason I posted the pictures - To prove you dont need to go on fishing holidays to foreign countries, maybe you just need a few lessons on how to fish.

Guest challenge
Depends what you call recovery Ian. 1970 levels ? I dont think so, the conditions aren't right. 1985 levels ? were getting there. When I made that statement Ian I was talking more about what Peter says about DEFRA and their fixed agendas, they have no desire to help anyone but themselves and the the angling reps who seem hell bent on playing this game of Poker with them need to realise that the chips they are playing with don't actually belong to them.An interesting Link on the quota situation - http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/French...leet.4097314.jpNo need to direct that one at me Stev, Im quite happy with my lot and the situation here, thats the reason I posted the pictures - To prove you dont need to go on fishing holidays to foreign countries, maybe you just need a few lessons on how to fish.

Completely of thread, notice you have a Leeds badge below your name. Is this another penny that has dropped? :P Have been camped next to the computer for 5 days waiting for confirmation for my Wembley tickets. Couldn’t stand the strain anymore so went for a drive out with wife to Rosedale to try and get a grip back on reality.

Got back turned on computer and got conformation. :clap2::clap2:

back to the thread, so if everybody is happy with what they are catching then I take it we don’t (as anglers) want bigger fish, but just want to be able to catch what we are catching today and from now to eternity? :sun:

Apart from his statements about the cod being unable to recover because of global warming.

What happened to that old chestnut

Hello Ian

I still stand by that statement.

I have not seen to much sign of global warming in this area for two or three maybe four years now, something is changing and the North sea temperatures are down on what they were for the previous years, some thing to do with ocean oscillation perhaps, coupled with a lot of north or north east winds I am not certain about the reasons but I am certain that it is the reason for the increase and better recruitment in cod stocks in the North Sea.

How do I look through the archives for old posts? I remember discussing with Glenn how the sea temperatures were the lowest for 10 years and there were reports from Whitby that the North Sea was full of baby codling, time flies that must have been 3 or 4 years ago now.

I fish to live and live to fish.

...... reports from Whitby that the North Sea was full of baby codling, time flies that must have been 3 or 4 years ago now.

that must have been 3 or 4 years ago now - so where are those 10/15 pounders now? Fish Fingers? Or just localised off Whitby and Hastings?

Over thousands and thousands of years, the earth and its accoutrements have given us seven years of plenty and seven years of famine (according to some historians! <_< ).

Unfortunately, after the recent use of ultra efficient/ruthless technologies and applications of materials science, we now affect the natural cycles much more than we should.

Point this out to the poor dumb souls (soles?) who cannot adapt and modify their behaviours and we end up with variables which nature cannot handle and the general public will not tolerate.

There are fewer fish and smaller fish to catch (for various 'sectors').

(I used to catch 3 x double figure beach cod a tide (for a month of the year) and a dozen beach bass over 7 lbs a year; now that is one of each a year if I try hard - not that I fish much, eh Glenn? :schmoll: ). Thank the lord I ain't in this for pecuniary reward.

I guess that asking ordinary folks to change their short-sighted harvesting is too much for the individuals' pocket to handle?

That's where Government regulation takes over - annihilation is no longer tolerated!

When I were a lad ....

WhenIwerealad2.jpg

(Steve and Wurz - it ain't me you're fighting :schmoll: ; although I shall continue the pursuit of awareness of the issues regarding recreational angling, conservation and commercial profiteering whenever/wherever I can).

:thumbs:

That's where Government regulation takes over - annihilation is no longer tolerated!

Might be a nice idea, and i used to think it as well; but its 20 years too late and irrelevant for most places in the UK now.

Government regulation may well annihilate whats left of the UK commercials ( and a lot of our angling freedoms at the same time, IMHO) but the sheer stupidity of it all will see all our fish-stocks owned by people we have little control or say over.

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

but the sheer stupidity of it all will see all our fish-stocks owned by people we have little control or say over.

Chris

Your not wrong there but i thought most of our fish stocks are already owned by the minority, the over tens and the arm chair trawlers 97% with the crumbs left to the majority, under tens 3%. So in essence the minority already control the rest of the fleet. The ironic thing is the over tens are now struggling with the cost of the fuel and as they have to go over a hundred miles to fill the boat it is becoming uneconomic for them.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..