I think hunting should be banned because

nigelnibbles

Guest Ferret1959

When a badger has fun and games on it's mind it don't think twice about running out in front of you on a badly lit lane.

Ever wonder how folk can just go off the road in to a hedge or ditch on a straight road?????

Kill um all I say.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the carp society AGM and Charles Jardine, head of the countryside alliance, gave a good speach. I'll cut to the chase His point was that he works to defend all legitimate (legal) country pursuits irrespective of what he feels personally. I agree 100% and whilst I wouldn't personally go fox hunting I have no problem whatsoever with those who do or who practice any other form of hunting.

He also mentioned how throughout history, it has been proven time and again that appeasant doesn't work. So don't for one minute think that banning hunting will do anything other than move the sights onto something else - almost certainly angling.

Rob.

certainly agree with the concept that angling will be next its only a matter time .Peta ,pisces and such like have to whinge about something .its a pity they dont channel their energies elsewhere instead of trying to ban an obviously popular worldwide sport which brings pleasure to millions .I would like to add that although hunting with dogs has been banned it has not detered any of the hunters I know in my area as it is difficult to police and the Police have better things to do.

[ 30. March 2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

hi all

i dont mind hunting but do think the way that the fox meets his end at the hunt is not right(quick is what it should be)not slowly watching dogs take your body apart in front of you.

also its abit on the unfair stakes ,its like sending an entire platoon of sas soldiers after a tortoise and all for the sake of abit of excercise for the horses and these dogs

1 dog 1 fox=fair(plus horses)

im not a soft hearted person and i have shot a fox before but at least it was quick and my reason was good enough for me(i hatched a cockeral and had it for a long time and went to mate it with hens from my mates chicken run and that night a fox slaugher'd them all so i set a trap and it got out so i follow'd it to its den and waited)it came out end of story.

i know its the way things are but this was personnal and it was quick i buried it and took its tail.

i hope they dont ban hunting as its only gonna lead to other bleeding heart acts like banning fishing.

billy

Ban it!!! Smoking. Drinking. Sex. The internal combustion engine. Nuclear reactors. Taxes. Loan firms. The man from the Pru`.

Anything that causes friction with any group of folk should be banned!!!

However, I fear that `Sea Angler` will still appear on our news-stands next month.

OK. Ban me. I`m always getting stick for upsetting some folk.

So why not ban yourself if you disagree with me?

Why don`t we ban everything? Then we could all apply to the European Courts of Justice for compensation from our governments, for a breach of our `Human Rights`!!!

We`d all be quids in????

I know some folk are against hunting foxes and stags with hounds. But where do we draw the line?

Angling, isn`t far down the list of these Antis.

:mad: Paul. :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest sslatter

Hey listen..don't panic..word is, next one they're going for is THE big one, a move so radical and yet eco- and euro-friendly: they're going to go for the culling of the artificially-introduced animal that has been the main cause of the horrific decline in the urban and semi-urban INDIGENOUS small mammal, reptile, and bird population..

..the domestic cat.

Remember..you heard it here first.

Trust me. I'm an angler.

when its done for pleasure and bloodlust, then thats another matter

nigelnibbles - glad to see that you are for it as long as there is only pleasure OR bloodlust involved.

Speaking of which, exactly what is bloodlust? I see the term. I understand what blood is as well as what lust is. But the pair of terms together simply boggles my mind. A poor fella aflicted with bloodlust could never manage to work in an emergency room. Never be able to get near enough to the table to help out. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Graham X:

..the domestic cat.

Remember..you heard it here first.

Trust me. I'm an angler.

About bloody time too. Maybe we could fish for them? A hair-rigged Friskie, or fly fishing with a mouse pattern. It would be something to do in the close season

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote