Another attempt in London??

Jeff S

*Anthony*:

I think this thread is becoming a tad anti-gunshot victim. Many gunshot victims are decent law-abiding people that shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush.

What is a anti-gunshot victim? Surely there is a difference between a criminal shooting someone and someone (namely police) shooting a criminal isn't there? I agree with your last sentence though Ant.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff,

Anthony's taking the pee, I think :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

A terrorist getting shot is like a fireman getting smoke in his eyes, it comes with the territory.

If he had got away he would of only blown himself up, taking innocent peoples lifes with him.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Elton:

Jeff,

Anthony's taking the pee, I think :)

Bad thing about these forums is the lack of emotion. :) but not POV

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

With suicde bombers there is a shoot to kill policy. The shots have to be head shots to prevent the bomber detonating the device and also to prevent a bullet striking the device itself.

It would appear, from unconfirmed sources, that the suspect was under surveilance since last night and ran off before an attempted arrest this morning.

The chase ended when the suspect entered a tube carriage at an underground station and was shot dead. The suspect was wearing a very heavy jacket, but it would appear that he was not carrying a device from a search conducted after he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Oh well....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

there will be trouble if this guy wasn't a suicide bomber.... :(

Riots up our way again no doubt.....this s**t is really starting to cause some tangible divisions up here...

I'm off!... little bar in greece me thinks

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

went to a shooting inquest once (as a witness)not all cases of bullets through head result in large holes ,saw graphic pictures of close ups of entry and exit wounds and a few pics of the brain slice showing the bullets route (i guess thats what inquests do).

basically if the bullet is travelling straight (i.e not deflected by anything on its flight and the bone is thin enough) then it will pass straight through without leaving too much mess (or in this case none at all).

the picures were being used by both "parties" as our evidence conflicted with the "other parties" evidence to what gun was used .

to cut it short as the wound was clean 2 different bulllets could have been involved (one larger than the other ,and infact what the case revolved around) the larger bullet can (as in this case) can actually go through a smaller hole than is left in the body in the post mortum ,the bullet stretches the skin and tissues which then contract after it passes and ofcourse the bullet shape pointy ones can veer off and ball ones not so much.

if it didnt involve the death of an unfortunate person it would have been very interesting as a tv prog etc :(

sorry to spoil some peoples more gory visions but ofcourse bullets can be made or bought that make sure they dont go straight through and cause as much internall damage as possible but i think the police probably wouldnt use them.

thinking back about it there was a classic "true brit" old lady brought forward as a witness to the accuracy of the shooting at the place in mention ,over the years she kept seeing new holes through her shed (made of galvanised sheet) and one day she had been in the shed when a bullet passed through and smashed a flowerpot in its progress which was on the bench next to her

she had never complained about these new areation points in her shed over the years to anyone.

"didnt you mind having a flower pot smashed right next to you" asked the chap

she said it was an old one :D:D

classic

[ 22. July 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson