Another attempt in London??

Jeff S

'Police are believed to be under orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb'

Thats what the news report says and I have a feeling that its exactly right. Interesting to see what happens next, if the guy that got shot was just running for a train and panicked. Will the weary willies of the PC brigade tell us about the dangers of police marksmen becoming a law unto themselves ? If ever there was a classic situation of condoning 'shoot first and ask questions afterwards' its this. If it is a case of mistaken identity then its sad, but not unreasonable behaviour by the police.

Incidentally I've just returned from Windsor and expected the town to be swarming with police, at least the area around the castle. Not so, drove around the back of the castle, through Windsor Great Park and got as far as Datchet, a few miles away before I saw the first noticeable polic presence. Maybe just dumbo Edward was at home and .........

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevie cop

Those Police acted on the spur of the moment and were justified in thinking that the man was about to explode another bomb on the underground. The ended one life whilst attempting to save many. I applaude their professionalism.

BTW, the mafia used to use low velocity 22 rounds for some assasinations. The round would enter the skull just behind the ear and bounce around inside smashing the brain, rather than exiting the other side. I would imagine that the Police used much the same type of rounds. Five shots is to make sure the target is dead.

just woke up from me night shift,

so they got one(if he is a bomber),well done to the old bill,you cannot mess about in that situation,if the suspect is told stop,lay down arms outstretch etc and they dont comply-shoot them,especially if theer is the very real possibilty he is carrying explosive and can detonate at will.

police marksmen are taught to take out suspects with chest shots,a chest wound will put,you on your back,but it wont nessarcerry kill you.shoot to kill as said is-head shots.

rounds differ too as mentioned,9mm ofr the H&K MP5(current police issue) unlike army 5.56mm(british SA80 rifle or yankee M16)rounds or the 7.62mm(AK47 rifle)round both of wich cause alot of damage,the 7.62 particuarly so,the 9mm is softer doesnt richochette as much either.

hollow points are the one to put someone on ther back.

[ 22. July 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Begining to look like the guy they shot at Stockwell wasn't a bomber...had a feeling he might not be. Make way for the waves.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest stevie cop

He was being followed after info gathered yesterday. He was wearing a thick padded jacket on a warm July day. He was challenged by armed police but didn't respond.

They were right to shoot him and ask questions later. The alternative was to take a chance that he may or may not explode another bomb on the underground and killed many more people.

It's a tough decision to make in a split second. Thank goodness we have the people with the ability to do so. I'm glad they are here to help protect us from the fanatic murdering scum.

just my luck i just won the comptition on here, and guess wot it is .....a camo ruck sac....

better keep out the sun if i want to carry it or or knowing my luck ill be shot lol....

by the way elton you aint been selling many of them in the leads area have ya :)

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Eyewitness or mistaken?

Commuter Anthony Larkin, who was also on the train at Stockwell station, told 5 Live he saw police chasing a man.

"I saw these police officers in uniform and out of uniform shouting 'get down, get down', and I saw this guy who appeared to have a bomb belt and wires coming out and people were panicking and I heard two shots being fired."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

dont laugh dean

i go fishing by train,underground and over,i carry a fair size realtree rucky,plus my quiver holdall,i got looks beofre all this went off now i dont bother i cage lifts saying that tho i went out the sat after the first attacks one the train...cant let the bastards grind you down.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

When they shoot to kill thats exactly what they do.

"One shot in the chest, one in the head and as many as it takes to make them stop moving"

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg