Your Angling Trust Needs You!

Anglers' Net

In all seriousness, I'm quite surprised they haven't done the scheme online.

Mind you, I probably should also be surprised that the tackle trade need paying to be encouraged to support them.

Support isn't a 'given'. And nor should it be. If something is good, or popular, people will part with their cash. If people aren't supporting the Angling Trust, it's because it isn't good, or popular, enough.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The true level of support will be apparent next year, I suppose, when renewals are due.

I used to run a popular collectors' club and you get what's known as the 'leaky bucket effect'. Basically, that refers to you pouring in new members in the top, but losing old ones. There could be a number of reasons why people don't rejoin, and part of the battle is knowing how best to spread your resources between new membership recruitment and old member retention.

The Angling Trust, being less than a year old, has a nice shiny new bucket. In the first year, there are no leaks - your membership numbers can only increase. Come next year, this changes and one can only hope for their sake that they have some experts in member retention, as it's not an easy job.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The true level of support will be apparent next year, I suppose, when renewals are due.

I used to run a popular collectors' club and you get what's known as the 'leaky bucket effect'. Basically, that refers to you pouring in new members in the top, but losing old ones. There could be a number of reasons why people don't rejoin, and part of the battle is knowing how best to spread your resources between new membership recruitment and old member retention.

The Angling Trust, being less than a year old, has a nice shiny new bucket. In the first year, there are no leaks - your membership numbers can only increase. Come next year, this changes and one can only hope for their sake that they have some experts in member retention, as it's not an easy job.

It's not just a nice, shiny, new bucket. It came already half full. The question they must be asking is; will members that the AT inherited from the old NFSA, ACA and NFA rejoin next year?

Don't drink and drive.

I think they will rejoin Steve. Lets face it if you were mad enough to pay money to the NFSA with its track record then you will still be mad enough to give your cash to the AT. A fool and his money are easily parted.

I'm not so sure, Glenn. The NFSA membership used to be about a tenner. They didn't have a huge uptake when they put their subs up to £26. The AT is £20.

Don't drink and drive.

The whole thing leaves me in a bit of a position.

I supported the ACA for many years and they always proved worthy of this.Not only was i a member but I also raised cash for them through various means. When Allan went things started to concern me a bit (I'm sure you all remember the scandal ) but regardless off how the funds were used they still seemed to do a good job.

I didn't like the fact they were taken over/incorporated with AT (not just because of the way AT came about or any other problems I have with them but more that the ACA had always remained independent of other angling bodies and I saw no reason for change) I am now unsure of whether to keep supporting them or not as I certainly don't want to do anything to support the AT.A shame but I'm seriously worried that the ACA/Fish Legal wont continue to be the respected body/force to be reckoned with it once was due to its association with the AT.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Do AT administrators/activists/executives/leaders, or whatever they call themselves, have their personal expense accounts published?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Do AT administrators/activists/executives/leaders, or whatever they call themselves, have their personal expense accounts published?

As a result of the current funding problems, volunteers and directors are unable to draw any expenses, so travel etc is coming directly out of the pockets of those who attend events and meetings etc (unless they can obtain sponsorship from outside of the AT), unless there is a specific budget for them which has been agreed by a director in advance.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

expenses,.........coming directly out of the pockets .............unless there is a specific budget for them which has been agreed by a director in advance.

Another political answer!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I did join, I am beginning to wonder if that was a mistake. A second, albeit very good, chief executive within one year is room for concern. Like Budgie I rather wish that the ACA had retained its independence. At the moment the AT can hardly claim to represent angling!