Your Angling Trust Needs You!

Anglers' Net

It just gets more unbelievable each time!

Yup, the only thing missing is a 'guaranteed money back, if not fully satisfied' offer. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd need to be in easy reach of Leominster or Nottingham.

Why is that I wonder? I would have thought that a lot of the work could be done on line, from home.

Or have they not heard of the internet? (Maybe that's why my emails never got answered).

I think you've hit the nail on the head there John. I'm still waiting for a reply on the e-mail I sent asking what their stance is on the coarse fish catch and release debacle. I live within spitting distance of HQ!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there John. I'm still waiting for a reply on the e-mail I sent asking what their stance is on the coarse fish catch and release debacle. I live within spitting distance of HQ!

That's the same question I asked Nick, and still no reply.

Maybe they've got a programme that automatically dumps mail with that subject, into the recycle bin? ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Can you spare a few hours?

Click here to view the full article

I wonder if those who are salaried Angling Trust officials would give up their wages and work for nothing? If nothing else, I think it might concentrate their minds a bit more to the job they promised to do, which was represent the country's anglers. Seems to me that attention has been diverted from the fundamental aims, (and promises), recently.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Dear Mr. Worms,

Thank you for your enquiry and apologies for the delay in replying.

Our members have a wide range of views on this subject ranging from your own position to encouraging a total ban on the taking of any coarse fish.

I am grateful for your input to the debate. We will be presenting all the views we receive to the Environment Agency to give them a clear view of this diversity of views. We will be looking for solutions which address the problem, which is acute in some areas, of the taking of large numbers of fish for the table (legally and illegally), whilst preserving the freedom of anglers to take the occasional fish.

Are you a member of the Angling Trust?

All best wishes,

Mark

Mark Lloyd

Chief Executive

Angling Trust, Fish Legal

Hmmm! "our members" may have differing views but he hasn't answered the question about the stance of the Trust..................as for his question,....er no I'm not and currently not thinking about it either.

More bl@@dy flannel :angry:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I read today that they are now paying tackle shops £3 for every member they recruit, £5 if they sign up by direct debit.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You could run an affiliate offer on the site Elton. Maybe they could invest in adwords too.

In all seriousness, I'm quite surprised they haven't done the scheme online.

Mind you, I probably should also be surprised that the tackle trade need paying to be encouraged to support them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

email from BOSFISH this morning:

The ANGLING TRUST Needs YOU !!

Bosfish have agreed to work with JOHN WILSON to encourage a massive increase in membership

In 1956 aged 13 years old John Wilson bought from Peter Bennett, a Mitchell 300 Reel, using the money he made from his paper round. He paid £7-19-6, over 8 spread payment installments, working out at a pound a month.

The Angling Trust is an organisation to represent all game, coarse and sea anglers.

Supporting the rights of individual anglers and angling clubs and organisations, fighting to ensure that angling's voice is heard.

Members and their membership play a key role in sounding our voice on a national level.

Who Can Join ?

Anglers

Manufacturers

Angling Clubs

Tackle Shops

River Associations

Consultatives

Charter Boat Skippers

Fishery Owners

Membership Rates

Subscription Cost

Adults (17 and over) £20

Junior (16 and under) £5

Life Membership £400

The ANGLING TRUST

Needs YOU !!

(Of course all the artwork is missing from this post)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust