Nasty !

Ken L

I'm not sure whether this relates to a sea or a carp fishing accident but it should serve as a timely reminder of the dangers of yanking on a snagged line with a rod.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_eas...ast/4315748.stm

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

"It's my lucky weight now. I will carry it around with me"

"Lucky" ???

Llyn y Gorse is a lake, so I guess he was carping.

Anyone ever tried to free a snagged pole rig by pulling on the elastic? Just the once...? :)

His unlucky one hit him in the testicles :D

BTW, Llyn Y Gors - http://www.llynygors.co.uk/welcome.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I once treated a guy who shot himself with a 1oz bored "bullet"

He snagged in a tree on the opposite bank, pulled for a break and when the twigs gave the stretch in the mono whipped the weight back to embed in the upper leg.

Something to think about

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Fishing is classed as the most dangerous job and the most dangerous sport/hobby in the world, bet thats a whole lot of weight off his mind!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if he was using spade end or EYED hooks??????????????

Another reason to wear sunglasses when angling one thinks!!!!! They dont just protect your eyes from the sun.

If I get weights or feeders snagged I put the line round a storm pole (used to use a bankstick but found they are to short) pushed in along the bank so my line is pulling at 90 deg from the snag.

Yes I had been twatted with leads, feeders and even wagglers before doing this.

A tip for a snagged pole angler is to get another pole and tape a lit cigarette to the tip end which can be used to burn the line as near to the water as possible.

Yes I have also had pole floats sticking out of my thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

A tip for a snagged pole angler is to get another pole and tape a lit cigarette to the tip end which can be used to burn the line as near to the water as possible.

That is a good tip, I'll remember that, cheers.

I hate it when you get snagged fishing the far bank and you know you're going to leave loose line when you finally snap.

HB.

Steve Walker:

Steve Walker:

Yes I have also had pole floats sticking out of my thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Floats plural? You mean you did it more than once?
:o Yes :o

The first time as with a short dibbler float that had a thick cane tip on it. snagged it in the margins, held the elastic and have it a tug.

The float did not go in to far.

The second time was a lot lot worse!!!!!!!!

Winter fishing on a freezing cold day lost a good fish as I went to land it with top three well up in the air which resulted in a WIRE tip/stemmed float flying into the tree above me.

Gave the elastic a hefty tug more in frustration of losing a good fish on a hard day.

the float freed itself and came down from the tree like an exocete missile.

I belive the wire tip went in and hit the bone in my thumb.

It hurt like hell but lucky for me it was freezing cold which helped numb my thumb.

Driving home with the heating on was a different matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lesson well learnt.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!