My first ever speeding ticket.

Guest Ferret1959

Dave, a guy at work got one just like you did, out of the blue, on the A50 dropping down into Groby from Markfield, (you know the bit of road).

When he asked for photographic evidence to support the intended prosecution they "Had a problem with the evidence", so they dropped the charge. May be worth a try mate.

Whilst we were talking about that one, some one else told us of the one that he got, he was supposed to be speeding on a stretch of road, they gave the vehicle reg no etc and the date and time of the offence, but low and behold where was he? At work with his car on the car park, so they aren't always right.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferret - Fit a mobile camera to your car and snap drunk drivers, undertakers, weavers, etc.

Tell the police if they stop you again that you would LOVE to go to court and counterclaim incompetence of the police, who are only interested in stopping those who are speeding!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

when driving normally and safely (such as you were doing following a line of fairly smoothly running traffic that were all slightly speeding), and the police are clearly trying to catch you out it does give you the upperhand.

15mph or nearly 30% over the speed limit is not "slightly speeding"! The police weren't trying to catch him out. The speed limit was 50mph and he was doing 65mph. It wasn't some trick, Ferret was breaking the law and got caught.

I think Ziggy sums it up nicely.

65 in a 50 area is not just a touch over is it.

I'm with Ziggy, I used to pick the bodies up for a living.

The is an interesting Info-mercial on at the moment about speeding drivers hitting kids.

At 40MPH 80% of the kids die

At 30MPH 80% of the kids live

If you don't like the speed limits, campaign to get them changed but if you insist on speeding, pay up and look happy.

BTW, there is a speed control device in your car - the driver

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

A Worm On One End........:

Your may not be alone.

I drove back from the Highlands on Sunday.  The weather was attrocious, gale force winds and torential rain, so I rarely got above 45mph all the way from Fort William to near Glasgow ( my vehicle is slow tall and I was carrying a roof box wife and three kids).  

However as I left Crianlarich I put my foot down to get some momentum to climb the hill out of the village. As I reached the end of the 30mph zone and was doing 38/39mph.  At that point I spotted the Camera Van hiding behind the speed limit sign. The speed limit starts/ends about 400yards outside the village so anyone late slowing down or early speeding up would get done.

What really Pd me off was that there was no police presence out on the windswept open moors where some people where driving like real idiots.

I will now wait for the notice.

They sit there quite regularly...not funny too....I got done last week ,doing 45 mph on a dual carriageway....that was a 30.....they dont sit on the moors or in Glencoe, cos there are rarely any accidents there, but after a fast drive down from the north, you are still in "Speed" mode, and THATS why they sit there....as they do all over the place....Strathyre is another place...deadly...dont ever do more than 29mph through there..... :(

Why didnt you let us know you were oop narf at the weekend....we were ALL there.... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Judging by the time & effort spent policing speed & speed alone on our highways, it would seem the police have got it sussed.

It would now seem clear to me that: -

All accidents on our roads are caused by speeding motorists, not dangourous driving.

All accidents are caused by speeding motorists, not careless driving.

All accidents are caused by speeding motorists, not drunk or drugged up drivers.

All accidents are caused by speeding motorists, not incompetent drivers.

Well that's got that cleared up - damn those speeding motorists, stone 'em (but let who casts the 1st stone etc), lock 'em up & throw away the key! Or at least give them a 3 year sentence on their license that could threaten their livihood if they go a few MPH over the limit again.

Sounds like we've got a few Saints on here.

BTW - Ferret, challenge it, you could get off, I did! (PM me if you want details)

BTW 2 - I stopped for directions today, at what turned out to be a car body shop. A driver was just leaving after getting a quote for a repair to a bump on their back bumper, as the driver tried to reverse out of the generously sized yard, they reversed into a wall :D , they were only doing about 2 MPH (although at about 3000 revs)

I was just so relieved there wasn't anyone behind them!

In the case above (even at 30% above the speed limit) many people believe it is often far safer to move with the flow and not be slower than everyone else.

Again, lets not get into slow drivers causing accidents, but I (personally) hate being boxed in by faster cars on dual carriageways and motorways (and it does happen, my Micra doesn't do much more than 80!).

I would always ask for the evidence in any case though. I saw a program on ITV (Trev Mac) which said various models of Rover sunroofs could accidentally trigger certain cameras and they even showed a big artic. lorry clocked at 140mph whilst pulling away from a stationary position (clearly impossible).

If they just have a number plate shot I believe the defence of not recollecting who was driving can still be used. I think we do have laws in this country about self-incrimination (in much the same way as the Yanks have the 5th Amendment).

Ian W

Guest Ferret1959
UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

The idea of restricting cars speeds automatically is wrong because there are times when speed CAN get you out of an accident (I believe that is the stance of all motoring organisations).

So why are thousands of vehicles on our roads restricted?

Lorries and mopeds are restricted.

Why not all vehicles?

UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

I (personally) hate being boxed in by faster cars on dual carriageways and motorways (and it does happen, my Micra doesn't do much more than 80!).

How do you know it does 80?

[ 01. September 2005, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

Rabster, I'm no saint, got 2 speeding tickets to prove it, difference is I didn't cry about it or try to lie my way out of it.

I've looked but I can't find any thread that says bad driving is OK. Are you trying to suggest that drivers don't get done for driving under the influence or dangerous driving.

I don't approve of BAD driving, whatever form it takes. Speeding is ONE element of bad driving, possibly the easiest to Police and also possibly the most common offence.

Kleinboet, didn't understand your point at all, are you trying to say that it is OK for you to break the law because other people do and don't get done?

If thats the case I'll come and burgle your house and steal your car, but it's OK cos lots of other people do it and don't get caught, so it's the police's fault

One day in the not too distant future, speeding will be seen as just as anti-social as drink driving. I didn't really want to get dragged into this stupid thread again, you break the law, you get done, you have the remedy.

I wonder if anyone would have started a thread entitled "got done for burglary today" and expected any sympathy.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Ferret1959

I'm not goping to fight it but EVERY time I see an offence on the roads I will report it to the police.

I offered photos of drivers using mobile phones to the police for then to procecute the offenders.

I thought I was helping them out but was informed they didn't want my help as they have to see the offence themselves before they can do anything about it.

Very strange cos I I told them I witnessed a murder then they would welcome my help.

At the end of the day they just want to make money from easy targets and that's the motorist.