Disgusted!

*Ant*

Guest NickInTheNorth

The problem is that the leaders of the Islamic faith are not often quoted by the western media. The true leaders of Islam are as peace loving as any other religious leaders.

I don't actually remember hearing the pope's comments on these atrocities too often, nor the various british archbishops. I'm sure that they do condemn these acts, but the media don't find their statements newsworthy.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt sick watching all those events unfold on the T.V.

no matter what the Soviets have done to the people of chechnya in the past....nothing, absolutely nothing can justify this course of action

sick

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Anthony,

I don't think there is any decent person in the world who would disagree with your emotions.

As is usually the case, it's inncoent people who get killed. The 'lucky' ones just have their whole lives turned upside down by the things they see and the friends and family they lose.

I just sat here (I'm at home now) and cried when I looked through the photos on the BBC site. For some reason, the following one seemed to hit me the hardest:

_40031968_baslan_reuters_220_300_1.jpg

This one, too, just sends me cold:

_40033096_beslan_reuters_220_dead.jpg

What a sick world we live in.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

'It would help if the leaders of the Islamic faith came out and condemned these all to often acts now and again, unfortunately their silence speaks volumes'

They do and continue to do so. As an example, the leading muslim clerics in France were unequivocal in distancing Islam from the taking of french journalists hostage in Iraq. They have appeared on French television as a group appealing for the release of the two men. Perhaps you should attend prayers at your local mosque (you'd be made welcome) and listen to what the average muslem cleric has to say about fundamentalism. Its as much a threat to them as it is to non muslems. unfortunately it's a part of this sad state of affairs that doesnt sell newspapers.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest NickInTheNorth

I've seen Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness do the same, both christian men, both heavily involved in precicely this type of mindless carnage in the past. Both have been very heavily involved in government of parts of the UK.

Stop blaming the Muslims!

i heard the radio news, cant bring myself to turn the telly on, i can feel the tears coming.

hitler was a vegetarian, like half my family, havnt seen my lot commiting genocide yet however

Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness along with the IRA would never have commited this type of mindless carnage Nick. Terrorism yes, but not at a school fun of children.

I don't blame muslims, I blame the minority muslim extremists. It's these that I classed as "lovely people aren't they". I wouldn't tarnish a people with the same brush, so to speak.

RUDD called me naive, on this issue, you bet I am. I am a father of two young children and scenes that I have witnessed today shake me to the core.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.