Discrimination

Peter Waller

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok but you wont make enemies (lifes too short) but only differing opinions ,both types are right or wrong it depends which one you favour ,or post one vastly different to the rest (whether believing it or not) to see the feeding frenzy as i occasionally do :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Gobio - things may get slightly heated at times but AN & MD are old friends with quite a few of us who visit both sites. I seriously doubt this thread will even start to turn nasty but if it does, closing is only a click away.

You do have to be careful about the MaggotDrowning folks though. For instance, several years ago, Webbo (Dave) tried to kill me via a third party. It didn't work and I wasn't even injured and have forgiven him but he surely did try.

Hmmmm. Maybe I better explain a little more. Several years ago I made arrangements to have an MD regular (ill then and has since died) to fly to the US and stay at my house for a weeks fishing. Dave sent him with a MD T-shirt and MD Baseball cap for me to wear. Both were black with the MD logo on them.

Now North Carolina in late Spring is no good place to wear black if you are going to be in the sun for very long. You are basically inviting heat stroke and that can kill you. T-shirt is bad enough but add on a black cap to cook the brain quicker and your life expectency becomes very short.

Dave - I still have both the shirt and cap but given my size (about 280lbs on a 5'11" frame right now), I'm saving them both for one of my grandsons whose already an avid angler but not very large. When he gets big enough (year or two I expect) I'll take pictures and post them on MD with the history of them. Dang it, I still miss Trev.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i got a very nasty sunburn wearing a black teashirt once ,it looked ok but on taking it off trying to find the reason why the sun got through it i was surprised to realise i could just about see through it when it was stretched

it was turned into a wash cloth for the car so didnt waste all my money :D

is it ok to call it black ,substitute "non white" or

"ethnic" if offended :D

[ 08. October 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Newt, if you're a betting man, I'll give you evens that I'm the one to close it....

Tight lines

BTW, I do know a good hit-man, for a price he can take both of them out (sorry Webbo and Taps :) )

[ 09. October 2004, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

John - depends entirely on what time of day it blows up, how badly, and if the bad stuff is posted in regular English or local slang so that I don't have a clue what is being said. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well, I'll keep my eye on this thread whilst you're kipping (sleeping), then when we meet up next year, one of us can pay up the debt :)

PS, I really mean it about the hit-man - we could arrange for an early funeral for Chesters if you want.... please?

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

John how could you :(

After all those nice things i said about you as well, not once have i made any mention of liquid breakfasts ect on this thread and then you go n set a hitman on me.

I reckon this is leading to war pal

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

hehe :)

John S

chase me chase me