Discrimination

Peter Waller

Over on Maggot Drowners I posted the term nigger, it was censored. I also posted the term Pikie, that was not censored. I'll just post this to see if the auto censor does the same here.

Well, it wasn't censored, thankfully. I couldn't believe it when I saw what had happened. Nigger is offensive to black folk, Pikie is to gypsies. Why should one term be censored and not the other?

Okay, so I take the pee out of carpies, sheep shaggers and Man U supporters, but I'd like to think I do not discriminate in the more accepted understanding of the word.

I just found the double standards of Maggot Drowners auto censor totally offensive. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

[ 05. October 2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Maggot Drowning forum is debating the attack on an angler by, 'alegedly,' a traveller. The term Pikie is being bandied around as a term of pure racial hatred. I made the point that Pikie is offensive to Gypsies just as Nigger is to black folk.

the auto censor is just software it may have had the word in its "no no" section along with our fav swear words ,one day it will be "improved" (somewhat like our nanny state is attempting) and words like black (incase it offends non "whites" ) white (incase it offends blacks)weak (incase it offends the strong) etc etc etc infact with really powerfull software (no doupt being developed out there somewhere) we will all be reduced to grunts and gestures like our cave dwelling ancestors ,yes technology instead of advancing will be sending us back into the dark past,mind you with the way its going wouldnt those grunts and gestures be offensive to some one

its verbal and writing descrimination ,will there be software only available to your genetic code so blacks can use the word "nigger" but not others ,words like "cripple" only available to the disabled or "war" only available to the french.

its at the moment lodged under the title of "empowerment" and especially the word "nigger" is used in every Rap song you can think off :confused: the idea is its meaning is watered down by use by the people it represents .

Its also called positive descrimination ,an american idea (and caught on here :mad: ) that you favour the unfaverable and descriminate against the descriminators ,it failed in america it will here ,it may start with words but "censor" is a double ended spear and will inpale all it seeks to defend :(

imagine the future where your word processor stops you using words on the forbidden list or a downloaded song has all the forbidden words taken out ,pictures long hung in galleries having all the "bad" images cut out ,go back 70 years and it was so ,go back 50 years and it happened again

NO you cry ,yes hitlers book burning and ancestral manipulations ,china and its "forbidden" criteria ,russia ,america with its reds under the beds etc etc etc only time will tell.

not only written words will be censored but thoughts as well 1984 was a few decades early but it will come ,hopefully it will be my gravestone that will be censored and not my lifestyle

[ 05. October 2004, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I wouold have thought this was obvious. "Pikies" are like "Paddies", "Taffs" & "Jocks". They're basically white, so nobody gives a toss if they happen to get offended and they have minimal recourse in law.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i`m sure our pikie will be a tad offended by that statement ,they align themselves with romanies who i think originally came from near afghanistan (correct me if i`m wrong) on the other hand they truly hate Irish Tinkers who also i believe came from the same stock ,i may be wrong or they may be but there is a difference between the three although clouded by so called tradition (or is it not paying tax)in our modern times :D:P

remember descrimination has that double ended point if our pikie friend can build a dwelling on his plot (as stated by a judge)then to avoid racial tensions we all should be able to ,buy your bit of woodland youve always wanted and build your dream house ,whats sauce for the goose truly is sauce for the gander ,we wouldnt want to descriminate against the majority would we .....yes we do :( its that positive descrimination raising its ugly head again to placate the minority and a few hot heads you give them everything they ask for and to show you (the government of the day) you havent been bullied into your actions by a few with loud voices you prove your power over the plebs by punishing the rest who say nothing :mad:

[ 05. October 2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

isnt that a bit niggardly Nugg leave the software alone :D

the sites too blue for me :( i like this AN colour ,i`m very fussy :)