Recommend an ISP

Sportsman

I am currently with Orange (I know, I know, don't laugh) and I have finally had enough of the poor service.

I am looking to change and there are loads of providers who promise the Earth, but do they live up to their promises?

Who is best ;)

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Been with BT for years. No complaints and, trust me, if I could find something to have a go at BT about, I would!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Been with BT forever too and never had a problem, I hear people sometimes have trouble getting through to the helplines, but as I've never had a problem, that's never been an issue. Also you get the marvellous BT Vision system for almost nowt (think Sky Plus :))

BT! none of this blame stuff where the ISP blames BT and vice versa ,more costly but worth the slight extra.

Backup is excellent albeit distinctly indian but they do their best.

no bt vision out here though

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

IDNet.

I had my phone with BT until recently and couldn't get away quick enough, they kept on getting my bills wrong and were impossible to talk to on the phone. Even when they agreed that the bills were wrong the same mistake was made for the next three months.

Well I don't use a UK ISP so not really able to recommend as such? BUT I can only say I have a younger brother and he is the worst customer you could have!! BT, Virgin, Orange,Cable.......Etc, Etc, He recently opened an account with Talk Talk and has said to me " This is the best service I have had in years you know Chris" and believe yo me coming from Mr J Goddard that IS a recommendation in itself!! Mum is also with them and so are a LOT of her mates both with and without internet and they all without any exception rate TT very highly and ALL have had problems with BT and hence the change to TT. COULD be just a Yorkshire thing??

Now if you were In France!!!! As24telecom with no shadow of a doubt at all! Put it this way, the line was installed and running by 5pm as promised at 6pm we had our first call, It was the MD of AS24Telecom!!! Asking if all had gone well?? Never happened with BT good as they are!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I have Tiscali on a BT land line..faultless.

Virgin keep bugging me as apparently our hoom is hooked up to

their wired thingamybob, worth it ?

If i went Virgin, would i lose my email address ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

im with talktalk

other than the usual (if the problem is inside the house )business(which bt and others do ive had no probs other than waiting a lifetime to transfer my service from one house to my new address..

oh and the cost of a new contract etc

but other than that i get free landline calls(local )but for a small extra i can and do get any landline calls no matter where in the uk.

you also get the ability to screen calls for a small amount per month which rids "do you have home insurance" or "did you know a women got 70% of her debt knocked off" blar blar blar phonecalls(automated)

the net in my area runs in at around 7mgs download and 600+upload speeds

and using my netgear and its wireless stuff for my daughter its perfect and at a low cost per month its good.

avoiding mobiles where possible:)

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Guest Brumagem Phil

Been with telewest......now virgin since the year dot. Not quite the cheapest BUT I don't bother with a landline phone as mobiles these days have such good packages so don't pay a standing charge. Costs me 25 quid a month (or thereabouts) for up to 10meg download speeds and unlimited downloading.

Their network is very rarely down and when it is its fixed quickly.

Up here in norfolk, my good lady is on plusnet.......and its C...R...A....P......I hate it!!!! Having said that others with other ISP's complain so perhaps its just BT's base network in the area which they all use? Not a big geek so not sure how it all works but guess all bar virgin use everyone elses lines anyway.

BT, no problems for the past 4 years :)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!