Nomadic Wanderer or Home Boy?

Dales

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mainly club waters but since I moved from the midlands to east anglia I have really missed the rivers I used to fish such as the Severn, Trent, Dove, Teme, Blythe, Sow, Penk, Avon, Meece, Penk, to name but some along with canals such as the Trent & Mersey and Shropshire Union all of which being within easy reach along with numerous lakes and meres with cracking clubs such as the Prince Albertand Dove valley and BAA providing you worked around the matches the. Plenty of good gravel pits around where I live now but the river fishing is nothing like I used to have. Hold various local licences but do not fish day ticket waters although will be booking a few days on the Wye around Hereford in the new year. Do not mind travelling and really look forward to every Wingham trip which is something else. Have been through the Carp phase covering many years with numerous trips to France but have long since got over that and much prefer to be fishing where there are few if any other anglers. Fortunately there are a few local waters and rivers where anglers dissappear in the winter which suits me fine but I do think in general that club waters offer one far more value, variety and choice than day ticket waters. Biggest problem at the moment is finding the time to go fishing. :(

Thats a great looking bit of water Rusty.

Yes it is Budgie, I don’t seem to have a problem finding picturesque places to fish, it’s catching something from them that's proving difficult.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Yes it is Budgie, I don’t seem to have a problem finding picturesque places to fish, it’s catching something from them that's proving difficult.

:D But it doesnt matter quite so much when the veiws nice!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

a few years ago i read a survey that looked at what most anglers spent most of thier money on. Was it tackle? bait? food? Turned out it was petrol. i really don't want to spend time or money travelling to go fishing. i am a member of one club that has lots of lakes that are about 30 mins to one hour to drive to and fish a day ticket streach of river about 5mins from my house although will join that club next season as well as its only 30 quid a year. i like to go on fishing holidays to fish in other places, but admire and am bemused when i read in the magazines that so and so drove down to the Hampshire Avon from Blackpool or some such. could not do it myself

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

in the magazines that so and so drove down to the Hampshire Avon from Blackpool or some such. could not do it myself

I regularly get a train from London to a spot on the Hampshire Avon. Add the tube journey time and walk from my home to the tube station and walk at the other end to the river and the round trip can take six hours.

I once did that trip and caught four gudgeon...

One day soon, I'll blank and be really miserable. :unsure:

Normally though it's worth every single minute of the journey time just to be able to stalk the banks of this beautiful river. :)

Edited by tiddlertamer

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

The past couple of years its been mainly the local river for me. My local club cost me £90 a year and gives me about 10 miles of river to go at and some small still waters. I live pretty central, so a lot of it is only a 5-10 minute drive away.

The lower Ribble 5-10 minutes away.

5 minutes down the road is the bridge i nearly crash on in a morning looking at the river on my way to work.

And Ribchester home of my local club.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

The past couple of years its been mainly the local river for me. My local club cost me £90 a year and gives me about 10 miles of river to go at and some small still waters. I live pretty central, so a lot of it is only a 5-10 minute drive away.

The lower Ribble 5-10 minutes away.

5 minutes down the road is the bridge i nearly crash on in a morning looking at the river on my way to work.

And Ribchester home of my local club.

Mine costs £90 a year and I get over 240 waters/rivers all over the country including stretches of the Ribble joining up with yours lol.

Mine costs £90 a year and I get over 240 waters/rivers all over the country including stretches of the Ribble joining up with yours lol.

Your in a very good club Hagar and yes you join up with some of your waters, but not all. After 30 years of fishing the Ribble if i thought your club was the one to be in I'd be in it, but I don,t. :lol:

p.s. I must remember to get on to the committee about putting up higher boundary fences to keep the riffraff out. :lol:

Welcome back Ian, good to hear from you. :thumbs:

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep