Temperature Rise Could Spell Disaster For British Wildlife

Anglers' Net

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Environment Agency News Release

Click here to view the full article

Was there a shortage of trout in the middle ages then. At present our tempreature is cooler. If that is the case then the trout must have recovered without the help of the ea. Is this just a weeze to spend more money by the men in suits .

Quote:

Professor Henrik Svensmark, a physicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen, said the recent warming period was caused by solar activity.

He said the last time the world experienced such high temperatures, during the medieval warming period, the Sun and the Earth were in a similar cycle.

and:

Professor Cliff Ollier, another geologist from the University of Western Australia, also said the environmental lobby have got it wrong on ice caps. He said the melting of ice sheets is caused by geothermal activity rather than global surface temperatures.

Professor Ian Plimer, from the University of Adelaide, claimed carbon dioxide from volcanoes rather than humans is driving warming as part of a natural process.

So according to these eminant guys then, the greenies will need to chuck buckets of water on the volcanoes then as apposed to our money on something even more fancy.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Was there a shortage of trout in the middle ages then. At present our tempreature is cooler. If that is the case then the trout must have recovered without the help of the ea. Is this just a weeze to spend more money by the men in suits .

Quote:

Professor Henrik Svensmark, a physicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen, said the recent warming period was caused by solar activity.

He said the last time the world experienced such high temperatures, during the medieval warming period, the Sun and the Earth were in a similar cycle.

and:

Professor Cliff Ollier, another geologist from the University of Western Australia, also said the environmental lobby have got it wrong on ice caps. He said the melting of ice sheets is caused by geothermal activity rather than global surface temperatures.

Professor Ian Plimer, from the University of Adelaide, claimed carbon dioxide from volcanoes rather than humans is driving warming as part of a natural process.

So according to these eminant guys then, the greenies will need to chuck buckets of water on the volcanoes then as apposed to our money on something even more fancy.

Went to see the 2012 film the other week now it sounds realistic .

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Better stay away from the water! :eek:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/A...ry/1379798.html

"They are changing, expanding their ranges into places never seen before and in densities never seen before," Rodgers said. "It's hard to ignore, and as the data grows, we are becoming more and more convinced."

Rodgers said his theory has been peer reviewed and is gaining acceptance among scientists.

Current climate conditions are becoming strikingly similar to those that existed during the time of the mass extinctions, he said.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

"as the data grows"?

Data is a plural noun. I wouldn't trust a scientist who was unaware of such a basic fact as that :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm coming to the opinion that the "scientists" who work in these fields are pretty dim. I suspect they ended up doing an environmental science degree through the university clearing process, when they failed to get on the courses they actually wanted to do!

How does he make the link between temperature rise and decline of invertebrates? It's like saying the rise in temperature is what has caused me to put on weight over the past twenty years. Or even that me putting on weight is causing global warming!

Are you putting on weight, then, Colin?

That'll explain why my neighbour's car didn't start this morning.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's pirates, I tell ye!

hq-graphcopy2_800.jpg

Arrrr!

Real science at last! :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

It's pirates, I tell ye!

Arrrr!

Don't be silly Steve, you've no proof the the number of pirates have increased over the years. :bones::nono:

On the other hand, we all know that the number of carp fisheries have grown over the last 30-40 years. So we don't even have to do a graph to prove the link. Simples. :thumbs:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John