Weather

Sportsman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

britain today despite its technology is in a far worse state than even the early 50's ,we may have technology but compared to even the war were far behind europe .

we cannot feed ourselves (we couldnt in the war we sure cannot now)

we cannot produce our own gas from purely british sources (north sea gas is dwindling we need 50% our our supply from elsewhere)

oil would be the reserve of the super rich we cannot get enough from our fields.

The supplies for the rest can easily be disrupted in many points to deny us it.

no army ,no navy and the airforce is a joke so we couldnt defend what onshore stocks we have ,now Europe has taken the reigns britain is swiftly turning into a 3rd world country

The futures energy (whatever it maybe) is now in the hands of super companies who can at a stroke using patents stop anyone doing pretty much anything ,even the human body is patented by large companies.

the strange thing is were running out of grit for the roads ,take the last 5 years did councils use it all? if they ordered 20thou tons 5 years ago and it was a warm winter and they used 5thou tons what did they do? order 20thou tons or perhaps just 5? if we had 4 warm winters we should have a 100 thou tons knocking about or perhaps the scum bolstered their pension fund with the savings ,after all why do they care about anyone but their selves ,gritters are not here but no doubt every councillors route to work is nicely gritted and bugger everyone else.

councillors and MP's who fail should be rewarded this way

http://home.comcast.net/~lowe9101/mussolini/d7.htm

not rewarded ,hmmm shot and beat ,better the other way after a day or so

snow tommorrow has the grit bins been filled ,no and they havnt been for years ,drag who's in charge out to the nearest lamp post (3 mile drag here) and hang them ,simple

hole in the road ,lampost ,just reward ,holes still there but youl get a pleasant warm feeling when you see it :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! Just got in from work feeling a little bit smug that I made it before the weather closed in (tis now snowing quite heavily!) but the'kin boiler has just packed up!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

bugger its always the way ,turn it off at the mains then back on

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hmmm a convoluted history ,will the gov own the "resource" or will the company hold us to ransom?

Just heard on radio 2 news that we only have 8 days supply of gas left and yesterday we consumed a record amount of gas !

Surely this cant be right, only 8 days supply left ?

Not just gas, lots of stuff.

From a bean-counter's perspective, if an enterprise has say £100,000 available, if that is invested, it can earn a return that can be used to pay shareholders dividends, or invested for future growth, let's say as an investment it produces £20,000.

But if the money is spent on commodity to be sold, above 'normal' demand, then it can't earn that premium.

Worse still is that storage costs quite a bit. let's say £20,000

So, adding in the foregone income if the money had been invested instead of spent on commodity that incurs storage costs that's £40,000 on £100,000 that's evaporated if not needed.

A foregone 40% of income would be enough to make the most laid-back bean-counter shiver in absolute horror at the thought.

So, the temptation is to reduce stocks to the demand that can reasonably be predicted.

Then along comes a set of fairly unexpected circumstances, and you don't have enough commodity to satisfy demand.

I notice that there is no salt to be had in my local Tescos, and the frozen vegetables are all but gone, and the main show of a (for these days) abnormally difficult winter has not yet arrived.

It terrifies me to think what happens if a really bad period of exceptional weather hits us, say 3 weeks when most roads are unpassable, and temperatures remain below zero.

I expect that Chesters is well-prepared! :)

But others are likely to go both cold and hungry or worse, to keep the bean-counters happy.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! Just got in from work feeling a little bit smug that I made it before the weather closed in (tis now snowing quite heavily!) but the'kin boiler has just packed up!

C.

There is a silver lining, you can now qualify for the boiler scrappage scheme!!!!

There is a silver lining, you can now qualify for the boiler scrappage scheme!!!!

No it doesn't it, has to be a working boiler to qualify!!!! Anyways ours is oil fired - and we're not sure if it qualifies. Now fixed at great expense! :wallbash:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Not just gas, lots of stuff.

From a bean-counter's perspective, if an enterprise has say £100,000 available, if that is invested, it can earn a return that can be used to pay shareholders dividends, or invested for future growth, let's say as an investment it produces £20,000.

But if the money is spent on commodity to be sold, above 'normal' demand, then it can't earn that premium.

Worse still is that storage costs quite a bit. let's say £20,000

So, adding in the foregone income if the money had been invested instead of spent on commodity that incurs storage costs that's £40,000 on £100,000 that's evaporated if not needed.

A foregone 40% of income would be enough to make the most laid-back bean-counter shiver in absolute horror at the thought.

So, the temptation is to reduce stocks to the demand that can reasonably be predicted.

Then along comes a set of fairly unexpected circumstances, and you don't have enough commodity to satisfy demand.

I notice that there is no salt to be had in my local Tescos, and the frozen vegetables are all but gone, and the main show of a (for these days) abnormally difficult winter has not yet arrived.

It terrifies me to think what happens if a really bad period of exceptional weather hits us, say 3 weeks when most roads are unpassable, and temperatures remain below zero.

I expect that Chesters is well-prepared! :)

But others are likely to go both cold and hungry or worse, to keep the bean-counters happy.

The temperature here hasn't been above zero since the beginning of December.

More snow forecast and they are predicting temps of minus 20'C by Thursday.

Pretty soon I anticipate having to burn the furniture and eat the children ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/