Wingham Fish-In

Steve Burke

Even if I'm not fishing I hope to be there anyway, and so will be available to take photos of PBS - if you look at the 2007 catch report when I was fishing next to Richard you'll see that I've had plenty of practice!

You looked like a new dad being handed a newborn baby when I gave you my SLR last year, mind you :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You looked like a new dad being handed a newborn baby when I gave you my SLR last year, mind you :D

It might have been a new SLR but it was using very old batteries - stupid thing kept turning itself off :rolleyes:

(My SLR is from the 80s - yours looked ike a spaceship :D Anyway, it was only a carp...)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It might have been a new SLR but it was using very old batteries - stupid thing kept turning itself off :rolleyes:

(My SLR is from the 80s - yours looked ike a spaceship :D Anyway, it was only a carp...)

LOL I still don't know what you were doing....I took loads of photos afterwards with the same batteries :D

You should see Wordbender's Nikon - THAT'S a camera. I almost ruined a good friendship by killing him and nicking it!

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

LOL I still don't know what you were doing....I took loads of photos afterwards with the same batteries :D

You should see Wordbender's Nikon - THAT'S a camera. I almost ruined a good friendship by killing him and nicking it!

:lol: OK, probably best if I don't take photos then! I did my best to ruin Richard's pictures but, unfortunately, they all came out OK :(

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

:lol: OK, probably best if I don't take photos then! I did my best to ruin Richard's pictures but, unfortunately, they all came out OK :(

Me and a friend rattled off a few films at Wingham once (in the old days), only to find when we got the prints back that there was a little button that had been knocked to 'manual focus' :(

I lost them all when my old laptop died :cry:

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

Even though it will mean I don't get a place I really can't urge you all enough to try to make it - Steve and Peggy's (and the baliff's) hospitality, the amazing setting and wildlife, the company, and last but definitely not least the fishing are all really outstanding.

Even if I'm not fishing I hope to be there anyway, and so will be available to take photos of PBS - if you look at the 2007 catch report when I was fishing next to Richard you'll see that I've had plenty of practice!

That's it then, I'm going! Two downpours at fish-ins this year - it can't happen a third time. Can it?

Right, where do I sign!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

That's it then, I'm going! Two downpours at fish-ins this year - it can't happen a third time. Can it?

Right, where do I sign!

Mike

Good man! Steve said he'd be taking bookings from about 1 May - he'll put something on the forum then I expect.

Richard that's terrible news :o What a nightmare. They're still on here, although only little ones (unlike the fish ;) ): http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Wingham...eport&st=40

Anderoo - I seem to remember reading that you did catch a fish there in 2007 so there is still hope for you my lad.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm in 2 minds about trying to sign up this year...... it was very difficult last year with the wind and it seemed like there were barely any fish in front of me..... plus I still don't have the required equipment to fish the style of fishing so I would need to buy/borrow equipment again.

What ever happens I hope the weather is better for everyone this year.