One weekend left!

Anderoo

It's happened again!

Mercifully it's coincided with milder weather and no rain (here, at least) so fingers crossed something interesting may yet happen... I'll be out both afternoons and will let you know what occurs. With no rain and good company, it can only be so bad :)

Hope to hear stories of monsters landed and days enjoyed.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happened again!

Mercifully it's coincided with milder weather and no rain (here, at least) so fingers crossed something interesting may yet happen... I'll be out both afternoons and will let you know what occurs. With no rain and good company, it can only be so bad :)

Hope to hear stories of monsters landed and days enjoyed.

Perch hunt tomorrow early and then Chub in the Afternoon ,Sunday will depend on Saturdays results as to venue and target.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I've taken a couple of days of work and came back to the midlands for a couple of days fishing with my Dad, yesterday was spent on a tough river dove...... not many fish activity..... normally you can see some or see them rise but nothing like that. I decided to trot as I would be ledgering on a large lake tomorrow and it would be the last chance for a while and managed to get 3 bited, lost one, got broken off by what I assume was a big chub (I think my hook length might have been damaged from the fish I landed) and another large chub...... for some reason everytime I catch a fish which is over my PB I never have scales with me!!! Same this time..... both me and my dad estimated it to be over 5lb (it was huge!!! Doubt I'll see a chub that large for a long time) so I'm happy to end the river season like that :-).

(Mental note..... take scales!!!)

Visting a large reservoir tomorrow which when fishing well should give a geat chance of 2lb+ roach..... so hopefully I can break another PB and weigh it this time :-).

Hope everyone enjoys the last weekend and catches well.

I will be fishing a club lake Saturday which also closes on monday although only until the 1st of May. It is about 1 acre in size with depths to 20 feet

I will have a carp rod out and also using a quiver tip, I will be fishing maggots on the other rod for anything that swims in the lake which is mostly roach and perch, apart from the carp. My brother will have two rods out for carp as he is a dyed in the wool carp nut. To be honest as long as it has finns on each corner i will be happy, hope the maggots will get me some constant sport with the roach. April means jobs at home, work party for the club and maybe the odd trip to a commercial but nothing planned yet.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Had my last session this afternoon (put it in my blog too but not everyone looks there!)

First cast with no tree bought me this:

new.th.jpg

Had no scales so any estimates on weight? My 'pin is 6" diameter, first and best fish from a very good session, season ended on a high after a few rubbish attemps!

*edited size of thumbnail!

Edited by viney

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Pah! Why did I choose to go on a month long narrowboat holiday on the Thames in the close season?

Still, I have a lot of canals to go through before we get there, so at least I'll still get some fishing in!

Hope everyone has a good last weekend, and I look forward to the reports.

Janet

Had my last session this afternoon (put it in my blog too but not everyone looks there!)

First cast with no tree bought me this:

new.th.jpg

Had no scales so any estimates on weight? My 'pin is 6" diameter, first and best fish from a very good session, season ended on a high after a few rubbish attemps!

*edited size of thumbnail!

Not sure Viney but it is a very impressive fish for the Lambourn, well done :clap2: Good to see that the Shadowlanda is doing its job too.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I normally slip the boat in on the Rother and have a day up on the junctions after pike.But I just dont think I can be bothered this year! Glad to see the back of this season and looking forward to the new one!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Had a day on an estate somewhere upstream of Newbury today (Rusty knows the place ;) ). Usual mixed bag with a couple of surprises - 1st one - a bream of 5lb 6oz gave a very good account of itself in fast water - especially with me meant to be fishing for dace so fishing quite fine. Highlight - if somewhat flukey - was a 2lb 2oz grayling - my biggest ever from the Kennet. I was chub fishing at the time - and trotting corn along the far bank of the main river - had had a couple of 3lbers when the lady nailed the bait - 3 kernels of corn to a size 8! :o Merv who was in our little group went home a happy bunny - he snared his first ever 1lb dace!

Out all day Sunday on another part of the river with big chub (hopefully) on the agenda!!!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog