BON VOYAGE...

Janet

Apologies if I'm not around for the next few weeks... :o

I'm off for a cruise on a narrowboat on our lovely canals for a whole month...we are picking the boat up on Saturday and will be cruising our inland waterways. We are heading out from Stone in Staffordshire, down to the Thames and beyond, hopefully to return to Stone in four weeks or so...London Bridge, Tower Bridge, House of Parliament....we're even going to spend a night moored up on the visitor moorings at Hampton Court Palace...how cool is that? :clap2:

I will try and post pics as I go, but if that doesn't work, expect a whole influx of canal/boat related pics when I get back! I'll also hopefully be getting lots and lots and lots of fishing in!

If you're on our route, then please make yourselves known! I'll be on a very green boat named "Rosemary" - the kettle is on a permanent boil, so you've virtually guaranteed a cuppa....

Janet

Sounds a fantastic Trip Janet, you have a good time & make sure you eat all the signal crayfish on the way.

Look forward to seeing the pics

dont spose the trip involves the bridgewater canal

Nope, the Bridgewater is up here and we're heading down there....

Ayjay, I don't think I'll be able to fish at Hampton Court as I think it's out of season. Shame, but it will still be nice just being there, chilling out and having fun. A river barbel would be so good! Best I've had so far is a tiddler of about a pound on my club lake.

I think my fishing is going to be restricted to the canals en route. Hope it doesn't cost me too much in day tickets, as I'll only have about an hour in the morning and another hour in the evening....that's if I manage to get up early and persuade my OCM to do the cooking in the evening...

Janet

Could always troll for pike :P

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Enjoy! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Janet have a great Time and enjoy ,Doubt you will get asked for day tickets on the more remote parts of the canals esp Oxford Canal .

Visitor moorings at Hampton are great but do get busy so you need to try to get there by early afternoon to be sure of one esp at weekends due to the number of marinas depositing there craft onto the river at that part of the Thames ,very noisy at night during the season due to the number night fishing the far bank .

Give me a ring when you are nearing Reading and if its a weekend we will pop out onto the Thames to see you ,Whole month very jealous face,Take lots of :camera: and give no quarter to gin palaces trying to push in front just before locks :bigemo_harabe_net-165: .

Do you have an itinerary of where your overnights are lightly to be on the Thames ?? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Steve, send me phone number again and your email address and I'll send you the full itinerary and the link to my blog. Hopefully I'll be updating it every night so you'll know where to find us.

Janet

PS. I'm sure I had your address, but I lost a lot of stuff when my computer crashed last month!

Steve, send me phone number again and your email address and I'll send you the full itinerary and the link to my blog. Hopefully I'll be updating it every night so you'll know where to find us.

Janet

PS. I'm sure I had your address, but I lost a lot of stuff when my computer crashed last month!

No worries you have a PM .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hi Janet, I hope you have a great trip, look forward to the reports written in your usual style. :thumbs:

Be careful down there, some of the natives are alright, but some will try to take advantage of a poor Northern lass. ;):D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John