One Centrepin Reel

BobH

If you could only have one Centre Pin Reel for all round course fishing, what would it be ?

For me it's the Youngs Wide Drum Purist.

Bob

Impossible - who in their right mind only has ONE centrepin! :D

In light of still not having aquired a Bisterne - my favourite by a country mile is one of these. Youngs Wide Drum Purist is way to heavy for my liking... :rolleyes:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

well now i have my browning i'm happy ,but if we're talking a reel we don't have already ,then my second favourite choice would be a double ventilated early aerial pre WW11 ,if not one of these would do the job nicley .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

A good question and one which I asked myself recently, the answer resulted in most of my other reels being sold.

I've tried most types, wide drum, narrow drum, ballraced, true ‘pin, small diameter, originals, and replicas but in the end the one which I found to be the best all-rounder was the Youngs Bob James (2080). Two of my remaining reels are better at certain things, the AN ‘pin starts up better because of its lightweight drum & bearings and my Swallow is brilliant for retrieving because of its heavier drum and knurled rim but neither can match the Young for all-round usability.

I have another reel on the way which, by all accounts, may change that opinion ;) .

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

If you could only have one Centre Pin Reel for all round course fishing, what would it be ?

One of these, but then i would say that, as I've not long bought one. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I have another reel on the way which, by all accounts, may change that opinion ;) .

Nudge, nudge...wink, wink...say no more ... ;):D

If I was to go on pure usability and not presteige and looks then I would have to go for the okuma sheffield. I'd say the one Brian has which is made from titanium alloy must be a corker having the usability of the sheffield but also being so very light.

Edited by Tigger

My personal favourite.............but then again I am biased :D

12spoke.jpg

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

J. W. Young Purist CL

Although I have a problem with just one???

Who on Earth would only have one centrepin???

Not me...hehehe...crazy idea one centrepin.

Don't you realise the danger of such a suggestion...there are many on here who will need serious counseling after reading such a suggestion... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I might be down to just one soon, My 10 year old "borrowed" my Okuma on Wednesday and caught a couple of carp on it, I think he's got the bug already . . . .

I'm hiding my youngs "BJ" just in case!

Mat

Mat

Impossible - who in their right mind only has ONE centrepin! :D

In light of still not having aquired a Bisterne - my favourite by a country mile is one of these. Youngs Wide Drum Purist is way to heavy for my liking... :rolleyes:

C.

Chris,

I had a Witcher Aerial Elite and hated it, sold to a bloke for what I payed for it £285.00.

I have a couple of Okuma's, they are okay, but for all round usability, I like the Purist.

I have small hand and it sits nicely in my left hand when trotting and for this reason I prefere it to any of the other Pins I have used.

Only thing I wish now, I should have got a couple of spare spools, so I don't have to keep changing the line :D

Bob

Edited by BobH