Yet Another Angler Trying To Ban Livebaiting

Elton

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[1] I would suggest that they read the Ten Commandments, "Thou shalt no kill" and all that good stuff, & there's more.

I don't think quoting the bible will help you much, its full of fishermen that fished for food and i don't think they eat them still alive. Even Jesus told fishermen where to fish to catch more at times and divided fish up to feed to the people. Somehow i don't think the "Thou shalt no kill" applies to fish.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Now who wants a clapped out, disabled grumpy codger of an ol'Toad for el grandissimo presidento comrade leader emperor father of his country...

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Nobody on here or anywhere if they have any sense...hehehe.

I would make a terrible leader...I cant even make a good cup of tea...make great coffee, but terrible tea...hehehe

Plus nobody would ever find me there would be a GONE FISHING sign on the door of number 10...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Now who wants a clapped out, disabled grumpy codger of an ol'Toad for el grandissimo presidento comrade leader emperor father of his country...

On second thoughts we've just got rid of one of them :clap:

2eb62xv.jpg

I hope you're not suggesting that Jesus was a baliff !!!!!

Well, chances are he was.......after all, have you ever seen him?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well, chances are he was.......after all, have you ever seen him?

Brilliant... :bigemo_harabe_net-193: :bigemo_harabe_net-193: :bigemo_harabe_net-193:

No 1. Define live baiting? Are not maggots and worms live baits?

Yes, I see no difference between using small fish for bait and/or worms/maggots. As far as I'm concerned they are all legitimate bait ...

never try and teach a pig to sing .... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig

The strength of divided opinions on livebaiting is not surprising, but when I read the amount of abuse to anyone who questions it's practice on here is surprising. It would seem that some of you would believe that banning livebaiting would lead to the demise of Angling, it will not, it will however put Angling in a better light with those who seek to condemn us.

I am afraid we do have to succumb to public opinion sometimes, or even to a gut instinct as to what is right or wrong.

Apparently more think livebaiting is wrong than right, I don't mean non anglers, these are anglers that are pushing for an ban, this is demonstrated from democratic descisions by Angling Clubs like the BAA to effect a ban.

The popular retort on her is it's cruel to kill maggotts worms. to use hooks, and therefore on that basis alone livebaiting should be allowed, well that is I am afraid is rather dillusional and I think you appreciate that the practise is different, I am sure the general public would see it that way too.

Of course there are other reasons for banning livebaiting, not least the importing of live fish into areas that could decimate a fishery...And with the excellent lures that are available now I feel there is enough on the market to satisfy the most demanding angler or fish.

For me this is not a big issue, what is however is the decimation of our river fish by Otters, but that's another story, certainly far more pressing than this immotive subject.

1: We are a majority section of the general pubic we are not a minority.

2: moving fish from one venue to another is already banned.

5: This sounds like another removal of peoples rights which we have just had several years of and do not intend to put up with any more and the current coalition has already committed itself to the return of personal freedoms and rights.

6: You know nothing about fishing and anglers.

7: Have you ever fished?

8: Why are you on this forum?

10: I quite expect we will see the return of fox hunting and the introduction of otter hunting perhaps we will also see the introduction of banning extremist groups of dictatorial morons from the poorly educated greenie mentality as well as the loony left and the rest.

11: Are you and the rest of your tiny minority group so far up your own a***s that you cant see you are finished?

12: I for one do not intend to waste my time with such as you who are just trying to cause or sow discord by throwing up what a few treat as emotive subjects, mentioning Otters now. Met a lot like you legends in your own minds.

Try moving to another country if you don't like our traditions and our culture