hunting

coxie

I know this is a subject that has been done to death, but I just read the news. The government are going to steamroller the House of Lords and ensure hunting is banned.

Prepare yourselves for the biggest fight to save our sport we have ever had!

Once hunting is gone, will they leave us alone? I'm afraid they won't!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coxie.

I fear you may be right, hunting, shooting, fishing in that order. Looks like the first is about to be ticked off phoney tony's list.

I was watching question time last night, the subject got on to foxhunting. For my money, the brightest pannelist was the deputy editor of the times.She was making the politicians look thick. I was horrified when at one point, she came out with something like "what about fishing, they put great big barbs in the fishes mouths, drag them out of the water and throw them back, they dont even eat them", The point was that in her view there are some things worse than hunting foxes.

I have always been minded that we are safe, that New Labour are unable to cast off their old class jealousies and want to stop what they see is a 'toff pursuit'. I thought a sport with wide grassroots appeal would be ok. I am now worried, if hunting goes, the activists will look for another campaign....Us? Judging by what the lady from the Times said, they could well have some influential allies.

When is the next Countryside Alliance march?, anyone know? might have to be there.

Cheers. Adrian

Adrian,

Don't kid yourself; hunting, fishing & then shooting. Last I heard was that hunting (with dogs) was just going to be restricted/licensed but I seem to recall there is a 6 month consultation period before anything concrete is decided.

Rob.

It's pathetic the way the hunting set are desperately trying to get anglers on board.

Their """sport""" will almost certainly not be banned - just licenced.

And Angling, along with shooting, two genuine and reputable sports, are 100% safe. If they are banned in my lifetime (I'm 38) I will personally donate £50,000 to a named charity.

Anyone care to nominate one?

O.K. guys, lets be raelistic, Shooting and fishing are never going to be banned, There are just too many participants, think about how many people were at th countryside alliance march, you will be able to times that figure by ten if they start with shooting and fishing, it will not happen!! More to the point Blair said he would not ban fishing, now i'm not saying by any means he will stay true to his word but if he turns his back on fishing then every angler in the country will vote tory, next time round, because if blair tries to ban it then the tories will want to keep it because they will know that they will gain a huge number of votes by doing this. Plus the consequenses and implications of banning fishing are horrendous, Millions, possibly billions of pounds worth of trade a year, thousands of jobs!! Its just not practical and it will not happen, plus the antis have crap arguments against us we do more for the countrys waterways and the ecosystems surrounding them then they ever will, what we do need to do though is mae sure that everyone dosent discard line and hooks and takes there bloody rubbish home with them, for our own benifit!! Well thats my say on the subject anyway, i'm sure there will be plenty of people who have other views and i look forward to hearing them!!

Mally,

I totally agree with you here BUT what does worry me is the fact people like the deputy Ed of the times are able to air their emotive and unrealistic cr*p to a wide television audience without any considered response from us... the problem is that comments such as these begin to sink into the public psyche... the more these things are aired the more likely susceptable people are likely to believe them..

And just a quickie to The Dacer :D How do I register myself as a charadee? :D

Simon

I hope that all the optimism expressed is well founded and the "antis" dismantle their propaganda machinery (which gives a lot of them a good living), once fox hunting is banned/licensed/restricted or whatever.

I,m not so sure.

I can,t help remembering PETA,s poster of the labrador with the hook in its mouth.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

TheDacer:

It's pathetic the way the hunting set are desperately trying to get anglers on board.

Their """sport""" will almost certainly not be banned - just licenced.

And Angling, along with shooting, two genuine and reputable sports, are 100% safe. If they are banned in my lifetime (I'm 38) I will personally donate £50,000 to a named charity.

Anyone care to nominate one?

The Countryside Alliance?

Tim