New Fish

Elton

Nile perch, or the Nasire(i think its called) i can just see me self punting off down the rappids in a little dustbin lid chasing the wild thing, great stuff.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be Tarpon on the fly.Light Salmon gear,300 yds of backing and a punt for transport.Big brass tube fly and a quick strip...and bang!!....see you 3 days later,200 miles down the coast.Ace

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Assuming I was limited to fish that should survive and even do well in our climate, I'd go for Asp, Small Mouth Bass and Amur Pike in freshwater. The first two take normal baits as well as fish/lures and so should keep the pleasure anglers happy as well as the predator nuts

In the salt, Kharwai (Aussie Salmon), Stripers and White Sea Bass - not that I think any of them would ever reach a decent size with the way that our seas are treated.

Bluefish (AKA Tailor) would be nice but despite a circumglobal distribution, they are strangely absent from all European waters, so presumably they wouldn't fit my original criteria.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

spindle:

Mahseer would be nice too...

Do you think they would be happy living in my local Great Ouse??? :D

Never caught one (but then again one wouldn't in the River Cam)but seen videos, especially Casting for Gold and would have to be my favourite.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Mahseer, now there's a thought.

Some of those high country rivers in Nepal and northern India are cold as hell.

The Mahseer would even satisfy the bait fisho's.

I've only ever managed the babies, but they do fight a bit better than your average chub.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

MAY SOUND BORING BUT I'M QUITE HAPPY WITH ALL THE SPECIES WE HAVE, I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD BALANCE WITH SOMTHING TO FISH FOR ALL YEAR ROUND, I SAY KEEP THE OTHER FISH WHERE THEY BELONG AND THEN IT WILL MAKE THEM EVEN MORE SPECIAL WHEN/IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO FISH FOR THEM, IF I HAD TO SAY ONE THOUGH, I THINK IT WOULD BE iDE INTRODUCED INTO OUR RIVERS, I REMEMBER WATCHING JOHN WILSON CATHING SOME ON A RIVER IN SWEDEN AND I THINK THAT WOULD BE ACE ON THE TRENT!!

I wouldn't mind small mouths in the Thames and Tiger Musky everywhere. I dunno how these little lakes seem to be able to put sterlet, catfish and orf and other odd things in but the idea of anything the rest of the world might think of as a Game Fish, and fun to catch throws the EA into fits? Predators must be finite as they can only survive if there are enough bait fish for them to live on. The only thing that would be effected as far as I can think would be the numbers of other predatory species. How is it OK to stock rainbow trout in any pond you dig in the ground but not smallmouths?

Confused

Tim

Tim

Being completely surrounded by prime small mouth waters, I tend to get a bit jaded as to just how much fun they are.

Even the babies will put up a spirited fight, the best part being the seeming endless ability to stay out of the water more than in it!

A dozen or more leaps in a space of 30 seconds is normal for the things, often several feet in elevation, even from fish of only 8 in. or so in length.

About the only negative, if you want to call it that, is that they only rarely get much larger then 6 lbs or so.

Still, a 6lb smallmouth is worth about 12 lbs of most anything else.