MUGEN SHIIPOU ISHIDAI

Chris Plumb

At a little over 1 million Yen! :o (£8175)

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default...1153/daiwa.html

C.

Blooming Heck! Might not be any Realtree in sight but it seems that even the Jap tackle trade has realised that if you add "Carp" to a rods description you can charge the earth!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

That's less than 8000 pounds.

From what I've read, Tiger Woods paid a lot more for his - or was that "because of his"?

1968.gif

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I can remember poles with full retail of £8,000 - the sort they only made 4 or 5 of. I handled a prototype one once that was 17 metres and was so light and stiff you could hold it in one hand, amazing pole but would have cost over £10,000 if made in production as they had spared nothing in making it.

I see they do a nice reel that would go well with it a snip and just under £1500 each...I'll have two thanks! :D :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

I remember when John Roberts's Northwest angling usedc to have poles in up to ten grand. He said they very rarely sold the but people used tgo come in the shop for a nosey and buy summot else while they where there. I'm sure he said he made bugger all on those expensive items and it was the cheaper tackle that he made huge profits.

I see they do a nice reel that would go well with it a snip and just under £1500 each...I'll have two thanks! :D :D

£1,500 for a reel? They're just not trying, some of the 'up-market' deep water fly reels on the market sell for double that........and they're just a bog standard 'pin with a carbon or cork drag. Talk about playing the market!

Guess what my next project is?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

A very expensive rod and reel...

The company I was working for in 1972 (MKMO) building the Robe River iron ore railway, had one of the U.S. head honchos visit. They were esconced in the company's fishing boat, a 30 ft Berty some 10 miles offshore along some shoals and Mrs Boss gets a marlin bite on 130lb gear. She leans over to look and drops rod/reel combo in 30 ft of water. Decky drops a buoy, radio call goes to base camp to get the diver from 120 mile camp. Cessna flies from base to camp, picks up diver and lands diver at base camp. Another boat is hired to take diver out to Berty. Diver retrieves rod/reel combo and is taken back to 120 mile camp...

What would that have cost??

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.