Do you eat cod?

Kappa

Cod?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat cod?

• Yes! Yum!
    • Try not to!
    • No

As anglers I think we, in general, might be more sensitive to dwindling fish stocks, so do you eat cod or do you abstain on the basis that stocks are severely threatened?

Lets not have an arguement about this, I'm just interested in what others think/do!

Rich

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I eat COD! It must also be noted that I am not in England nor would I be fishing for them in that area. If fishing for them, I would most likely be in Norway. As to the dwendling numbers of fish, I would consider my limit and size to be much more IMPORTANT!! JMHO!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

yes i do but only if its a nice size and only 2 per trip tops

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

I don't eat fish, so no.

However, there's so much cod around here at the moment that I'm told that exclusion zones have been put up around them, as it's impossible for trawlers to NOT catch them!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I do, not often but sometimes i can't resist. I try to eat more sustainable alternatives like pollack or ling when I can, which is getting easier as more fishmongers carry them these days.

i do ,but remember not all cod is north sea cod ! most inland chip shop's use atlantic cod (which is farmed) .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I might be in slightly iffy water seens as the post I'm about to put up on the Sea Forum involves quite a few Cod...

I do eat Cod but only the ones I catch myself this hasn't been much of problem over the last 20 years as I've barely caught any but this year has been much different. I've still kept the fish though as I'll eat them all year.

I don't order Cod from a restaurant menu or a chip shop.

i do ,but remember not all cod is north sea cod ! most inland chip shop's use atlantic cod (which is farmed) .

The amount of farmed cod is tiny. I think most supplies now come from Iceland, where they protect their stocks far better than in the EU.