I'm 63 and I'm Tired

watatoad

most of the time it is Den :D let those that believe you have several have bad ones.

You haven't said much on religion Den .do you believe or believe more now you are getting older or just hedge your bets just in case :D

as someone said somewhere there's few unbelievers in foxholes perhaps war is gods way of getting recruits hence the churches avoidance of getting their god to stop it?

as chesters1 perhaps i am if it exists destined for hell ,hopefully though if it exists i (me ,myself ,Dave ,fatbloke whovever) )will mean going on the up escalator ,saying that all the really interesting people go to where chesters1 may go :D

aside from the fun if i could see real evidence of what Mr tench sees i would grab it with both hands ,unfortunately i dont see a shred in anything the church says ,not a shred from what the church does and not a whisper from any of their masters unless cruelty ,death ,famine and plaque are the signs ,ofcourse if they are then the god isnt worth worshipping and churchmen (of all faiths) reprehensible loonies

perhaps some such as me will never see it ,perhaps some (i call them gullible) can? but every dam person will find out on their deathbed and its bloody too late then so get on with doing whatever you please now :D

those that spend a lifetime prostrating themselves to a false god will get a far bigger surprise when you die than i will!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you can smile Dave.

As to where I stand on religion? I had polio as a kid, and it has blighted the whole of my life.................gods way of testing me?

My Mum ( a wonderful mum) died in agony from cancer at 43 years old. She had survived being bombed out by hitler, and died just as things were beginning to improve for our family and for her.

I told the vicar who called round to clear off.

No, I don't believe in religion as portrayed by men in skirts or men with loads of hair.

Life has got simpler for me as I got older; due to my childhood illness, I learnt to keep a very tight control of any emotions, especially showing affection to people. This also affected the way I view life and listen to music and view the countryside around me, and the stars above.

But now I "can let go" a bit, I will cry quite often at a beautiful piece of music (oddly enough a lot of religeously inspired music) I will (and do) hug my family.

Lots more to say, but suffice to say that I will die with a LOT of regrets....all those lost years and schooling....all the missed opportunitys due to lack of self esteem (confidence) Would a real loving god have dealt me such a poor hand?

There is the potential to be inspired by religion and do good works, write beautiful music and create great art, so it is not all bad, and maybe we should all be grateful for that?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

good luck to you Sir ,i have no problem with people being gracious and good but i do with people who need god to do it or god to excuse their badness .,if religion disappeared right now good people would still exist i'm sure ,but some people need goodness as an exclusive possesion and as god doesnt exist its most likely solely for their benefit not rest of society so they can dole bits out if your respectful to them.

as i mentioned the IDEA of of a god (more importantly the "christian" concept) is fine but you dont need a frightening guy at the top to be nice nor have this frightening guy as an excuse to force your ideas down other people throats because they want to be different.

theres niceness and bad in everyone hopefully the former is used more than the latter.

i'm sure Mr tench is a nice guy and ofcourse without his god no doubt he still would be but i suppose having this god lets you get closer to people or give a reason to get near people ,i have no need to i guess thus no need for a reason nor excuse to have a god i can be good for no other reason i wish to i dont need someone to tell me to be nor have anyone threaten me with eternal damnation if at that moment i dont wish to be good. I am (as a famouse tv series said ) not a number, I am a free man.

my mum died at 59 and was extremely religious (i must have filled many shelves of black books) i hope she saw what she hoped when she died in agony ,my mrs father died at 42 (no life at all) of bowel cancer too and in agony ,what sort of god worth his salt would let good people die this way ,if he needed them for some purpose why not have them fall dead on the spot? unfortunately the church can justify nothing simply by using "mysterious ways" as a reason.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

good luck to you Sir ,i have no problem with people being gracious and good but i do with people who need god to do it or god to excuse their badness .,if religion disappeared right now good people would still exist i'm sure ,but some people need goodness as an exclusive possesion and as god doesnt exist its most likely solely for their benefit not rest of society so they can dole bits out if your respectful to them.

as i mentioned the IDEA of of a god (more importantly the "christian" concept) is fine but you dont need a frightening guy at the top to be nice nor have this frightening guy as an excuse to force your ideas down other people throats because they want to be different.

theres niceness and bad in everyone hopefully the former is used more than the latter.

i'm sure Mr tench is a nice guy and ofcourse without his god no doubt he still would be but i suppose having this god lets you get closer to people or give a reason to get near people ,i have no need to i guess thus no need for a reason nor excuse to have a god i can be good for no other reason i wish to i dont need someone to tell me to be nor have anyone threaten me with eternal damnation if at that moment i dont wish to be good. I am (as a famouse tv series said ) not a number, I am a free man.

my mum died at 59 and was extremely religious (i must have filled many shelves of black books) i hope she saw what she hoped when she died in agony ,my mrs father died at 42 (no life at all) of bowel cancer too and in agony ,what sort of god worth his salt would let good people die this way ,if he needed them for some purpose why not have them fall dead on the spot? unfortunately the church can justify nothing simply by using "mysterious ways" as a reason.

Never a truer word spoken, and after MY last few days well....................

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

tell all!

sorry to hear that Ziggy unfortunately the longer you live the more death you see :(