I'm 63 and I'm Tired

watatoad

This should be required reading for every man, woman and child in the UK , United States of America , Canada , Australia and New Zealand .

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"

By Robert A. Hall

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America and Canada , while no American nor Canadian group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

This is your chance to make a difference.

" I'm 63 and I'm tired. If you don't forward this you might be part of the problem.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired too of this sort of thing that does the rounds and sometimes gets posted up on here. It is nearly always politically motivated and is written by extreme groups.

You are sad why not just laugh, keep getting uptight for nothing might give you a worry/heart problem

and regardless of anything it does have a few very true points

Edited by watatoad

You are sad why not just laugh, keep getting uptight for nothing might give you a worry/heart problem

and regardless of anything it does have a few very true points

I would laugh if it was funny, or even mildly amusing.

In fact it is the same old carp peddled by the same old people.

I am 63 and I am tired, of this rubbish

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Now why am I not surprised some people don't like the truth to be heard. I guess its because they fear the truth and would like to have everyone kept ignorant, stupid and in the dark.

Rather like mushrooms kept in the dark and fed s**t.

Edited by watatoad

Original blog entry here....

http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2009/02/robert.html

C.

Interesting that most of the people who have responded on the blog agree with him.

As for me, I can't see why Watatoad thinks it is a funny post. I think it contains some truth, but the problem with half-truth is that it can be more damaging than straight lies. It doesn't help bring peace to imply that all muslims are extremist, but OTOH I think that western governments should be firmer in pressing muslim states to allow freedom of religion, for example.

john clarke

Interesting that most of the people who have responded on the blog agree with him.

As for me, I can't see why Watatoad thinks it is a funny post. I think it contains some truth, but the problem with half-truth is that it can be more damaging than straight lies. It doesn't help bring peace to imply that all muslims are extremist, but OTOH I think that western governments should be firmer in pressing muslim states to allow freedom of religion, for example.

I think that most people who would be reading a blog like that are likely to be sympathetic to his point of view.

I also think it likely that anyone not sympathetic to his point of view would probably have given up on it half way through, recognising it for what it is.

Remember, this comes from a country that elected George W. Bush president and thinks that Sarah Palin is a responsible politician. :rolleyes:

Edit:

This just triggered a thought and I went onto the Tea Party Patriots website to look something up.

Along the top of the page was the usual navigation bar. Out of probably a dozen page choices only one was in a larger font and in bold:

DONATE

Sorry, but it made me smile

Edited by Sportsman

I find it funny because of the response I expected from the usual tiny minority of in my opinion unthinking and narrow minded individuals on here. I always say and will always be a guy who wants both sides to be seen completely and openly with nothing hidden and no bulls**t.

I do agree with you concerning Western Governments needing to be firmer, which they have tried but as the Islamic nations have pointed out to Western Governments Christians and Jews are considered to be the enemies of Islam.

I find it funny because of the response I expected from the usual tiny minority of in my opinion unthinking and narrow minded individuals on here. I always say and will always be a guy who wants both sides to be seen completely and openly with nothing hidden and no bulls**t.

I do agree with you concerning Western Governments needing to be firmer, which they have tried but as the Islamic nations have pointed out to Western Governments Christians and Jews are considered to be the enemies of Islam.

On no, you caught me out. You're obviously much too smart for me.

Maybe it's your "expensive" education or attendance at "several" red brick universities.

How could I compete with that sort of intellect ;)