Best target for 'back end'

The Flying Tench

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to get out before surgery puts paid to any fishing for a month or so! I guess it'll be some of the local park tench.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I'm going with Chris on our last couple of sessions for the season. Targets will be the Dace, Perch and Chub.

Having said that, on our visit to BC on the 11th, I'm also going to try for Pike.

Paul

What are they having you in for Alan?

I had a kidney out exactly three weeks ago, I can't even pick my tackle box off the floor yet.

I'm making good but slow progress. I've blanked fishing out of my head untill June. If I feel better beforehand, then maybe.

Good luck with it.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

My last trip of the season will also be at Barton Court on the 11th, I plan to trot maggots and be happy to catch whatever comes along, I will be spending a bit of time in the swim that produced my 1-08 PB roach for me on our trip there last year though!

Mat

Mat

John Ellison:

I had a kidney out exactly three weeks ago, I can't even pick my tackle box off the floor yet.

I'm making good but slow progress. I've blanked fishing out of my head untill June. If I feel better beforehand, then maybe.

Good luck with it.

I am having my hand opened to free some 'sticking' tendons - from 3 lots of previous surgery. It isn't major, but very inconvenoient

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

John Ellison:

My best wishes to both of you. I had an operation on Feb 3 last year. There was a slight possibility, depending what they found, that it could be very serious. Thankfully it wasn't, but that was the end of fishing last season, and it felt like I'd never fish again. It all seems years ago now, and I'm thankful for comparatively good health. I wish (and pray, if you've no objection) the same for you both.

john clarke