Which record fish?

Pangolin

Think I quite fancy the humble Ruffe... our local canal I'm sure would provide the goods as my son caught a big daddy some time ago, and not knowing what it was (he thought it was some sort of perch hybrid) he didn't weigh it or take a pic.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A record zander from the Royalty might be almost as interesting as a record barbel from a still water, as suggested by Mat.

If the new record barbel was a nuisance fish, caught in May :rolleyes: , on a bolt rigged boilie, whilst the angler was asleep, then that would really add to the intrigue!

[ 05. May 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Interesting that nobody voted carp. Says something about the current scene. How different it was until Walker's 44 was beaten by Yates....

More amazing though that nobody voted pike. Still the ultimate biggie, in my opinion, and even today isn't usually intentionally stocked. It's the pike that grows big against all odds (in fact it grows bigger when unsuspected).

Itr's top of the underwater food chain and top for me, even after all these years.

Fenboy

Dear ALL

Close your eyes and use your imagination.....try to picture the sight of a huge freshwater eel, Anguilla anguilla, laying in the folds of your landing net...and the weight is anywhere....anywhere above 11lb 2oz.

Awesome. :D

Big zander.....big pike.....big Trent barbel. :)

Yours With Respect.....

Steve.