Crossbow fishing?

bingo

mpbdsnu:

So you actually think thats funny eh?

Who knows!

To be honest I can't see anything remotely sporting in shooting carp with an arrow. The blessed things lay there basking in the sun, you can get within feet of them on the right day.

'Ohhhhhhhhh, I shot a large target from four feet away!' Clever stuff! Hitting a half pounder at twenty yards, now that would require skill.

mpbdsnu:

I don't think its funny, or not funny. It happens to be illegal so those involved should be punished. Regulars on this board will know that I have no great love for introduced species whether they be animal or vegetable, so I won't lose any sleep if someone tops one either.

If you really push me on this I will admit that I think it should be forbidden to introduce carp to any water where they didn't exist previously, just like it is Stateside.

Your opinion may be different, and you are entitled to it just as I am to mine.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Fishing 'Tidal water' for sea fish does not require a rod licence.

A 'rod' is not a pole or rod but a fishing implement with a hook (ish), therefore a bow would probably be considered a 'rod' if they were targeting freshwater fish.

Spear fishing at sea is allowed, therefore I don't see why doing from a boat below the freshwater 'line' would be ilegal?

But these clowns were on a private estate and therefore must have been trespassing at the minimum.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

corydoras:

corydoras:

I don't think its funny, or not funny. It happens to be illegal so those involved should be punished. Regulars on this board will know that I have no great love for introduced species whether they be animal or vegetable, so I won't lose any sleep if someone tops one either.

If you really push me on this I will admit that I think it should be forbidden to introduce carp to any water where they didn't exist previously, just like it is Stateside.

Your opinion may be different, and you are entitled to it just as I am to mine.

I responded as you included 'winking smilies' into the post!

Had you not have done, then perhaps i would not have responded myself! :)

This kind of "fishcatching"has been the norm in eastern euro countrys for many many years.I would guess the vast majority who are in this country due to eu border relaxations don,t know there diong wrong?(pikes a delicacy in poland etc)

Wanna buy some pegs dave..

I tried my hand at Bow fishing in NSW about 15 years ago. I was useless. My hosts were better shots but the arrows kept glancing off the scales. Saw plenty of very big commans but aussies hate them "taste like *&^% mate".

Before any carp huggers get upset its illegal to return carp alive in parts of OZ.

i've done a fair bit of crossbow fishing on the derwent at whatstandwell bridge, but i was getting a few complaints from people in the beer garden of the pub, so i knocked it on the head

jeepster,you should of tried around the corner at

the campsite,you could of made some beer money by

firing in all the tent pegs for the happy campers

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve